Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a result-oriented Social enterprise, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services. MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 37 countries worldwide. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Data Analyst
Job Type: Full-Time
Department: Technical Services
Job Category: Technical Services
Job Status: Interviewing
Data Administration and Capacity Development:
- Support the Management Information Systems (MIS) Head to ensure effective administration of our multiple MIS, including web-based aggregate systems (DHIS2) and client-level data systems (web-based and mobile applications).
- Collaborate with the other teams in MSION and MSI Global MIS Support to ensure our MIS are embedded in all service delivery channels and social marketing.
- Support Head of MIS to train MSION personnel on the use of MIS systems.
- Strengthen the capacity of all users at the states, region and country office on various MIS, data entry checks, data validation and performance reviews through training and coaching, virtual and in-person and technical support (this may require travel to regional offices).
- Provide timely user support for data entry, retrieval, and analyses.
- Archive and maintain routine performance reports and relevant RME documentation.
- Support Head of MSI in providing timely resolution of technical challenges and bugs.
- Monitor and audit data quality.
- Support the monitoring and consolidation of data validation tools, processes, and templates.
- Support the M&E team in conducting monthly data entry reviews and validation.
- Manage and track user access to the database, document and track facility addition requests and data entry lock exceptions; reconcile any data discrepancies with month-end adjustments.
- Support routine data validation audits and ensuring implementation and feedback on findings.
- Support the Head of MIS in completing analysis of routine performance and survey data to identify trends. Interpret the analysis of data to put forward recommendations which can offer ways to improve operations and business decision-making.
- Conduct secondary analyses of routine and survey data to gain insights into MSION’s programmes and operations.
- Configure research tools on ODKs for mobile data collection.
- Support the reconciliation and adjustments between the various MIS and ensure data attains 100% congruency.
- Support the Head of MIS to ensure the MIS continues to meet the organisation’s needs including initiating necessary adjustments of the configuration in consultation with key stakeholders and review processes and data use.
- Support the development of deployment business tools to improve efficiency in non-profit and social marketing sectors of MSION.
- Develop automated systems to respond to the fast-paced activities and decision-making processes.
MSION Behaviours / Core Values / Statement Qualifications
Skills and Experience:
- A Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, IT, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- Advanced Microsoft Office 365 skills and high proficiency in management information systems
- 1-3 years’ experience in data analyst, business analyst or similar role.
- A good team player with interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct evidence synthesis and influence learning in MSION.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret complex data and present in user-friendly manner.
- Proficient in Excel, SPSS/Stata and Power BI (desirable).
- Team player
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced professional environment.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
1st March, 2023.