Mark Gray Industries Inc. believes that we must embrace the challenge of changes, do more with less, and be better than the competition. Implementing the required technologies allows us to be flexible and strategize, rather than following the status quo of today’s chemical industry.
We recognize that our key to defining our products lies in the alliances formed with our specialized clients. We will ensure that ours is the “Right Chemical Solution”
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Manager
- We are looking for an effective Warehouse Manager to direct receiving, warehousing and distribution operations. You will oversee the efficient receipt, storage, value-adding servicing and dispatch of a wide variety of products.
- Ultimately, you should be able to ensure productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly.
As a warehouse manager, you’ll need to:
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and transport companies
- Plan, coordinate and monitor the receipt, order, assembly and dispatch of goods
- Use space and mechanical handling equipment efficiently, making sure quality, budgetary targets and environmental objectives are met
- Motivate, organise and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded
- Produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Visit customers to monitor the quality of service they are receiving
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment, for example, ensuring that stock such as chemicals and food are stored safely
- Oversee the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment
- Where appropriate, oversee the maintenance and operation of warehouse management systems and automated storage and retrieval systems.
- Have a clear understanding of the company’s policies and vision and how the warehouse contributes to these
- Coordinate the use of automated and computerised systems where necessary
- Respond to and deal with customer communication by email and telephone
- Keep stock control systems up to date and make sure inventories are accurate
- Plan future capacity requirements
- Organise the recruitment and training of staff, as well as monitoring staff performance and progress
Requirement and Skills
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management or equivalent experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team of people
- Analytical ability
- Initiative and decisiveness
- Technical and IT skills, particularly when it comes to database management and spreadsheets
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to work on a tactical and strategic level
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Numeracy and an understanding of finance
- Knowledge of the legal requirements of operating a warehouse
- People management skills, including the ability to lead and motivate others, delegate work and explain ideas
- Planning and organising skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: [email protected] with the subject “Warehouse Manager”