Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 6,000 properties in 122 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2015. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Multi-Property Director of Sales
Job Ref: 170022L7
Job Category: Sales & Marketing
Brand: Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type: Management
- Functions as the strategic business leader for the Sales Departments of a cluster of properties and is responsible for property reactive sales, proactive account sales and segment sales, local and social catering sales, business travel sales, reservation sales and destination sales, if applicable.
- Evaluates the participation of properties in the various sales channels (e.g., Market Sales, Event Booking Centers, electronic lead channels, etc.) and develops strong working relationships to maximize each property’s benefits.
- Proactively positions and markets the various properties.
- Manages the sales budget to enable development of property specific campaigns, promotions and collateral to drive revenue and meet property objectives.
- The position shares responsibility for achieving revenue goals, guest and employee satisfaction and the financial performance of the department. Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process.
- Leads on-property sales functions for a cluster of properties to build long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of properties’ sales objectives.
- Interfaces with regional sales and Sales teams on regional and national promotions pull through.
- Develops and implements strategies for a cluster of properties that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer profile and property employees and provides a return on investment to the owners and the company.
Core Work Activities
Developing & Executing Sales Strategies:
- Develops sales goals and strategies and ensures alignment with the brand business strategy.
- Ensures the development of a strategic account plan for the demand generators in the market.
- Determines and develops B2B communication activities, in conjunction with Regional Sales and Sales Communications.
- Provides customer intelligence in evaluating the market and economic trends that may lead to changes in sales strategy to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Reviews the STAR report, competitive shopping reports and uses other resources to maintain an awareness of each property’s market position.
- Researches competitor’s sales team strategies to identify ways to grow occupancy and RevPAR and increase market share.
- Executes the sales strategy and ensures individual booking goals are met for both self and staff.
- Coaches leaders of revenue generating departments in developing effective revenue strategies and setting aggressive goals that will drive the property’s financial performance.
- Attends sales strategy meetings to provide input on weekly and overall sales strategy.
- Suggests innovative Sales ideas and proactively develops deployment strategies to continue to grow market share for each property.
Maximizing Revenue & Managing Profitability:
- Evaluates and supports market sales account deployment.
- Monitors and evaluates event booking and market sales performance for each property.
- Ensures Sales teams understands and are leveraging customer/guest demand engines to full potential.
- Ensures focus is on proactive selling as well as reactive selling.
- Participates in sales calls with members of the Sales teams to acquire new business and/or close on business.
Managing Public Relations:
- Develops strong community and public relations by ensuring property participation in local, regional and national tradeshows and client events.
- Identifies public relations opportunities and coordinates activities to augment the overall Sales communication strategy.
- Supports the General Managers by coordinating crisis communications.
Building Successful Relationships:
- Develops strong partnerships with local organizations to further increase brand/product awareness.
- Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.
- Serves as the sales contact for the General Managers, property leadership teams, event booking, and market sales leaders.
- Serves as the property sales liaison with market sales/cluster sales, Event Booking, Revenue Management, Event Management, Regional Sales Communications and other property departments as appropriate.
- Serves as property authority on sales processes and sales contracts.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service:
- Serves as the sales contact for customers; serves as the customer advocate.
- Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
- Executes exemplary customer/guest service to drive customer/guest satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer/guest and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to the property and the brand.
- Gains understanding of each property’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
- Executes and supports Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards.
- Works with Human Resources, Engineering and Loss Prevention to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and/or union requirements.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
Education and Experience:
- 2-year Degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Sales, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the Sales or related professional area. Or
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Sales, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the Sales or related professional area.
- Adaptability – Develops strategies and identifies resources to implement and manage change; models flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates the need for change in a positive way that encourages commitment.
- Communication – Actively listens and uses appropriate communication styles to deliver complex information in a clear concise way and influences others to accept a point of view, gain consensus, or take action.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – Models and sets expectations for solving complex problems, collecting and comparing information to evaluate alternatives, considering their potential impact before making decisions, involving others to gain agreement and support, and guiding others to implement solutions.
- Professional Demeanor – Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams – Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results – Focuses and guides others in accomplishing work objectives.
- Planning and Organizing – Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships – Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Customer Relationships – Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset – Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability:
- Organizational Capability – Evaluates and adapts the structure of organizational units, jobs, and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management – Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise:
- Applied Learning – Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen – Understands and utilizes business information (e.g., data related to employee engagement, guest satisfaction, and property financial performance) to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen – Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges:
- Communications and Media – Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Devising Sales Strategies and Solutions – Trying different and novel ways to deal with sales challenges and opportunities; taking courses of action or developing sales strategies that appropriately consider available facts, constraints, competitive circumstances, and probable consequences.
- Sales Ability: Persuasiveness – Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients.
- Sales Call Facilitation – Ensuring that a call serves its sales objectives; maximizing the productiveness of interactions by monitoring and building on customers’ cues.
- Sales Coaching – Providing timely coaching, guidance, and feedback to help others excel on the job and meet key accountabilities.
- Sales Disposition – Demonstrating the traits, inclinations, and outlooks that characterize successful salespersons; exhibiting behavior styles that facilitate adaptation to the demands of the sales role.
- Sales Implementations – Driving and supporting the implementation of sales strategies and systems; seeking and taking appropriate actions on feedback; taking responsibility for implementation success.
- Sales Opportunity Analysis – Understanding and utilizing economic, financial, industry, and organizational data; accurately diagnosing customers’ business strengths, weaknesses, and key issues that can inform sales strategies and plans.
- Basic Competencies – Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities:
- Basic Computer Skills – Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning – Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension – Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing – Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply