Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members. We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Attendant – Shop
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Number: 21060948
Job Category: Retail & Gift Shops
Brand: Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type: Non- Management
- Greet customers when they enter the shop, offer assistance in locating merchandise, and respond to questions regarding merchandise.
- Display merchandise in a neat, eye-appealing manner.
- Restock items as necessary, check expiration dates, and discard expired items.
- Keep storeroom neat and clean.
- Complete customer purchases, process all payment types, and process returns, refunds, and exchanges.
- Verify customer identification as required.
- Maintain appropriate cash levels in cash drawer, turn in all property monies and receipts, and ensure deposits/cash drops are verified.
- Follow checklist for opening and closing shop.
- Secure shop and monitor customer activity to prevent losses due to merchandise theft and damage.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Reach, bend, twist, pull, and stoop; move, lift, or carry objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds; stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Interested candidates should possess relevant qualifications
- Retail Experience required.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
Note: Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.