Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Nigeria (MGIC) is a non-profit affiliate of UMB with a mission to administratively support international operations of UMB Principal Investigators. Our purpose is to provide the administrative infrastructure for sizable and sustained operations outside of the U.S.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Work Management/Implementation Technical Lead
- The Field Work Management and Implementation Lead will implement the NPHIA to determine the HIV and hepatitis epidemic burdens and assess HIV program impact.
- The Field Work Management and Implementation Lead will be responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring survey field activities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Recruits, on-board, and train the necessary senior survey staff to plan and implement a large-scale, national population-based survey with biomarker assessment
- Develops training materials, manuals/guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOPs), job aids, flow charts, for supervisors, data collectors, field supervisors, managers, and laboratory staff
- Collaborates with local survey stakeholders to recruit and train staff for the conduct of the survey and sample collection, transportation, processing, analysis, and storage
- Contributes to the development of survey methods to ensure quality data.
- Develops a system and plans to collect and validate quality population based survey and biomarker data.
- Develops and implements a plan to provide all respondents within sampled household premises the full spectrum of HIV Test and Counseling
- Oversees field supervisors, managers and lab staff.
- Monitors progress of targets and data collection to ensure quality data are collected and milestones are achieved
- Works with Communication and Community Mobilization team for messaging, recruitment and security measures.
- Completes survey monitoring reports and ensure survey field data and sample collection monitoring dashboard are updated.
- Works with State officials to disseminate data
- MBBS with MSc or PhD in epidemiology preferred.
- Experience in Population-based HIV Impact Assessments (PHIA) field survey management in LMIC.
Application Closing Date
6th February, 2018.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.