Mastercard – We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®.
We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Commercial Product SSA
Ref No: R-93074
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- The Commercial segment is a very large and exciting segment with a target opportunity size of $120 trillion. We are on an exciting journey to expand our ability to provide accounts payable and accounts receivable solutions that address the needs of the segment with a focus on doing away with paper and paper processes.
- Product management at Mastercard is a truly engaging function where we deploy our Product Management Excellence Framework applying design thinking methodology to delivering a consistent approach to innovation to differentiate MasterCard from its competition.
- We will focus on the inefficiencies related to the speed of transfer and settlement, the transparency of how money is moved, how much it costs to move it and the inconsistent or incomplete data that moves (or doesn’t move) along with it to solve for challenges that banks and their customers are facing, day in and day out.
- This is an exciting and fast-paced role in market product management for the Commercial product line that would be well suited for those who enjoy being hands-on with strategy and delivering results. The role will focus on executing a strategy for Commercial issuing, building out new products and scaling existing solutions in the following segments.
- The successful candidate will be required to develop and manage products for the MasterCard business categorized into the areas of Travel & Entertainment, Small & Medium Businesses and Business to Business payables & receivables. You will be required to interface with Banks, Travel and other vertical aggregators & technology partners, as well as with Large Corporates & the Public Sector in Sub Sahara Africa.
- This role will be tasked to help achieve the Sub Sahara AfricaCommercial Products P&L objectives in support of the regional initiatives that support MasterCard Middle East and Africa’s business and revenue goals.
- The position will require product and solution thinking skills, with an ability to make decisions and create new and improved solutions executing on all three phases of product management discipline to Create, Build and Run.
- Deliver Commercial Product Financial Targets for SSA to grow revenue across T&E, SME and B2B segments
- Deliver solutions that focus on grow cross border volume, and
- Execution of product materials and product line strategy in conjunction with the wider MEA strategy
- Evaluate existing MasterCard Commercial Card Programmes and identify card penetration and usage opportunities, within the issuers existing carded and un-carded customer base
- Increase Commercial Product market share in SSA, across the three segments of SME, T&E and B2B business.
- Work with sales and account teams to build solutions such as virtual travel accounts, to open up new business areas that accelerate the displacement of checks and cash.
- Optimize and expand Commercial Product portfolios of existing Issuers, Corporates & Governments
- Support to sales team to sell the value of Commercial Products to new Issuers, Corporates & Governments
- Manage partnerships with travel agent, technology and payments partners who are focused in one of the three segments with the goal to scale and resell Mastercard Commercial solutions
- Grow affection for MasterCard solutions & brand through the Commercial platforms that services customers for expense management and accounting
- Develop summary business requirements, communicate with Commercial Products & Solutions and manage pipeline projects to ensure the delivery of solutions to corporate clients
- Strong knowledge of the travel industry and payments within the travel industry
- Ability to integrate and apply knowledge across disciplines (i.e., outsourcing, procurement, sales, marketing, distribution, accounting, finance and operations, and function in an unstructured environment with minimal day-to-day supervision.)
- Strong technical skills and ability to learn at speed on systems and system processes
- Experience in initiating pioneering business development and driving internal and external organizational change
- Experience working in African markets is preferred
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to help customers map existing complex business and financial processes, propose improvements and help customers drive process change
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to be effective with diverse internal and external audiences
- Ability to maintain a self-motivated, consistently high level of focus and enthusiasm on a daily basis
- Solutions oriented and delivers superior results
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online