Maurice Xandra Solutions Limited – Our client is an art trading technology company aimed at democratising the art economy by using a strategic blend of digital technology and online engagement to build and all-inclusive creative economy. They are on a mission to introduce art as a currency and make it more accessible to invest, trade and collect African Art. They have just concluded their second funding round and are at an exciting junction of getting ready to launch their Company to the world. They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
- Our client is looking to hire a qualified finance manager to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget, and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures and financial risk management.
- Providing a balanced combination of professional investment management and personalized financial planning.
Objective for the Role:
- Identify new metrics to drive business performance relative to strategic priorities while minimizing risk.
- Drive value within the business through margin enhancement, lowering costs and driving operational efficiencies.
- Execute accurate reporting, enabling yourself to analyse options and make financial recommendations.
- Provide insight into business performance against industry trends.
- Manage relationships with bankers, auditors, and tax authorities.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial requirements and maintaining compliance.
- Drive the continuous improvement of end-to-end accounting practices.
- Prepare and post monthly accruals, prepayments, and similar accounting entries.
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Leading the analysis of monthly and quarterly numbers and presenting findings to the board.
- Managing an end-to-end audit process of current systems – while acting as the first point of contact for external auditors.
- Continually identify risks to delivery, propose solutions where necessary and effectively manage stakeholder expectations throughout.
- Dealing with working capital management and production of cash flow forecasts Responsible for payroll and relevant processes.
- Develop financial and valuation models, materials, and recommendations by conducting comprehensive financial analyses and utilising appropriate valuation methods executive decision-making
- Coordinate strategic financial plan process for both the client and corporate, including expenses, income, insurance coverage, objectives, tax status, risk tolerance, or other elements to build a strategy
- Lead the implementation of valuation models, development of ongoing measurement, tracking performance versus expectations, and providing recommendations for corrective actions
- Provide insight on spending trends and cost-savings initiatives and margin opportunities.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or MBA Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field.
- Professional Membership: ICAN required
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Proven experience in finance management.
Functional Competencies and Skills:
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Strong proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Program skills.
- Brilliant communication skills, both oral and written, and ability to build and deliver effective presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy, and attention to detail a plus.
- Personal integrity: ability to keep client and company confidences
- Experience running annual audit
- Compliance oriented
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- Creating statutory accounts
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 10th January, 2022.