Lindii Peace Foundation (LPF) is a Non-Profit and Non-governmental Organization in Nigeria which was registered as a corporate body with the Corporate Affairs Commission on the Eleventh (11th) day of July, 2014. The foundation was formed by some eminent survivors of the Insurgency in North-east Nigeria and a few well-meaning Individuals who came together with a vision to see Nigeria a poverty free place where peace will abide and humanity can live freely in harmony. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MEAL Officer
Locations: Borno, Adamawa and Yobe (BAY)
Contract Duration: 6 Months
- Under the direct supervision of the MEAL Coordinator/WASH Programme Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for Project Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL), designing the implementation of a cost-effective, innovative robust MEAL system.
- The MEAL will continually review the practicality and effectiveness of Programme implementation and suggest modifications as may be necessary for ensuring the success of overall programme objective.
- The Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Officer ensures the implementation of the M&E plan for WASH, FSL, GBV, Child Protection and Education Programmes including monitoring progress against planned activities, critical milestones and targets as well as providing support and guidance to the program to ensure that the data collection, data management and reporting, are of the highest possible quality
- This position reports to the Monitoring Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator and is mainly responsible for providing technical support in all areas of monitoring, data collection, analysis, assessments, surveys and learning activities.
- The MEAL Officer is a part of the MEAL/Program Quality Unit, supporting the implementation of the overall program MEAL system.
- The position holder will work closely with the program team in conducting filed monitoring, support capacity-building initiatives, and facilitating the collection of quality data for decision-making (both quantitative and qualitative).
- S/he will coordinate the refinement of Project feedback and accountability mechanisms, promote reflective review practices through learning sessions, track/collecting of participants’ information, conducting regular post-activity and distribution monitoring surveys, coordination, management and seldom collection of human-interest stories.
- S/he will continually review the practicality and effectiveness of project approaches and suggest modifications as may be necessary of the MEAL system
Objective 1: Coordinate Data Collection, Data Quality Management, Analysis and Reporting:
- Participate in the design of programme monitoring and evaluation tools (registers, reporting templates, databases, etc.) to track WASH, FSL, GBV, Education and Child Protection
- In collaboration with LPF staff, ensure timely data collection, compilation and reporting according to programme M&E plan
- Conduct monthly data analysis and prepare monthly Programme Activity Tracking Sheet (PATS)
- Ensure the Programme database is updated regularly
- Support Programme feedback meetings to communities, facilities and authorities
- Support the MEAL Coordinator to implement the DQA system including the conduct of data quality assessments according to the M&E plan
- Support the MEAL Coordinator in data management for rapid assessments, situational analysis, surveys, evaluations, and other research as required
- Plan, forecast and facilitate the production and supply of M&E tools and materials to supported sites.
Objective 2: Support Programme Supervision, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support the MEAL Coordinator to monitor LPF projects across all target communities and communicate findings and progress to Program Managers
- Participate in the evaluation of LPF projects, focusing on data management of evaluation datasets.
- Support the dissemination and use of evaluation and research reports and propose changes for improvement to the LPF Team.
Objective 3: Support Documentation, Reporting, Knowledge Sharing and Effective Feedback Mechanism:
- Support coordination of LPF projects monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual Support and reports as required.
- Participate in the dissemination of program information to communities, children, and other stakeholders through a regular feedback mechanism
- Support the management of the beneficiary complaints and feedback mechanism database
- Update shared drive and project team space with program monitoring documents regularly.
- Dedicated participation in all Programme activities, with decent and standardized behaviour towards beneficiaries. donor and LPF staff.
- Adhere to implementation of standards, LPF ways of working and the terms of the LPF Code of Conduct; including the commitment to zero tolerance on SEA and the obligation to report SEA
- Be committed to participate to any other work in order to achieved the project goal that may be assigned by the line manager.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of HND or Bachelor Degree in Mathematics / Statistics, Engineering or any relevant Degree
- Minimum of 3 years working experience
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection, including knowledge of tools, processes, and research methodologies.
- Experience with Google forms and/or other survey software, and designing surveys
- Demonstrable knowledge of results-based management and reporting
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the Local language and Proficient in English have an advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume, Cover Letters and Credentials as a single file to: email@example.com and CC: HR@lindiipeacefoundation.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Sumit it at the LPF Office at:
No 1 Sugun Mai Mele Close,
Mustapha Goni Street,
New GRA Maiduguri,
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
- For an application to be valid, responsive References/Referees should be captured in the application with full and accessible contact information/details.
- Only applicants who scale through the prerequisite conditions will be invited for an interview.
- Application review commences immediately.
- Applications will be reviewed and assessed on a rolling basis.