Posted on :
27 Jul, 2009
27 Jul, 2009
Job reference n°: NGA0254
Sector: Construction & real estate – Nigeria – Western Africa
Our client is a leading Electromechanical Engineering & Construction company specialized in the design and implementation of major construction and maintenance projects in the commercial and industrial sectors.
The company is looking for a Mechanical Engineer for its new construction project.
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for managing the following mechanical engineering & execution aspects of the project:
* Calculation & Design
* Tendering & Estimation
* Material selection
* Preparation of execution & shop drawings
* Preparation of work breakdown structure & schedule specific to site activities
* Request for quotation and materials submittal
* Testing & commissioning of equipments
The position is based in Lagos.
* Prepare BOQ estimates, application designs, engineering calculations, execution drawing and other related documentation for HVAC, Plumbing & Fire Fighting systems for commercial, residential and institutional building.
* Make sure that site works are according to project-specific or generic specifications, standards.
* Develop and submit test and commissioning procedures
* Incorporate the development of logic and elementary (schematic) diagrams
* Preparation of sketches and reports associated with project designs or generic design standard
* Work in close collaboration with company’s material suppliers and subcontractors
* Participate in design reviews
* Create and revise shop drawings (assembly specifications)
* Develop and supervise the implementation of procedures on site
Qualifications et experience
* Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent combination of education from a well reputed university
* Minimum 5 years of experience in mechanical construction projects
* Preferable experience in Design / Consultancy firm
* Ability to work in a multicultural environment
* Excellent leadership, motivational and presentation skills.
* English & French are mandatory
What is on offer
Attractive expatriate package
If your experience, personal characteristics and qualifications meet the position specifications and your personal objectives are to seek such a challenge, then we would like to hear from you with details of your current earnings, up to date CV and explanation as to why your achievements to date fit you for consideration.