Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other healthcare providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Pharmacy Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Under the supervision of the Pharmacy Coordinator, the Deputy Pharmacy Coordinator will be responsible for the following activities:
- Defining, coordinating and monitoring all pharmacy related activities in the Mission, according to MDM standards and values,
- The Pharmacy Coordinator instructions and with consideration of national and international laws and regulations, in order to ensure the quality and proper organization of medical supply process, procedures and protocols,
- The proper management of the medical stock in the projects and, in collaboration with the pharmacist coordinator, the correct use of medicines and medical material.
- Supporting the Pharmacy Coordinator regarding the followup of EPREP planning and maintenance of medical emergency kits.
- Supporting and participating in all drug and medical material supply processes and ensuring its overall efficiency and effectiveness. This involves regular technical visits to project sites to ensure appropriate follow up of activities and management of field pharmacies; collecting and analyzing stock indicators according to physical records and logistic across different projects and together with the Pharmacist Coordinator and Medical Coordinator taking corrective decisions when necessary and providing technical pharmacy support regarding pharmaceutical information, medication use (protocols and rational drug use), management of side effects, adherence issues etc.
- Support in monitoring the procurement process and taking corrective measures when needed, ensuring regular communication with Medical, Logistics, HR and Finance departments regarding Medical Supply and Pharmacy Management.
- Supporting the Pharmacy Coordinator in order to ensure local medical purchases are made from approved sources, subject to approval of HQ Pharmacist
- Support in ensuring the good maintenance of all drugs and equipment in the pharmacies and the appropriate storage and management of supply of narcotic and psychotropic medication with respect to national legislation, permitting traceability for these specific products.
- Facilitating correct stock management and transport/storage procedures, in order to ensure the availability of stock in all projects and to avoid expiries/overstocks and stockouts.
- Ensuring that all inventories of drugs and medical devices exist and are updated. In close collaboration with Logistics Department, supervising storage conditions (e.g. humidity, temperature, light exposure, cleanliness, pest and rodents control, stock security, maintenance of cold chain, etc.), classification, organization and inventory, in order to guarantee the quality of the medicines and other medical material and prevent damage, financial losses generated by expired items, deterioration and robbery.
- Support the Pharmacy Coordinator for followup of loans/donations and management of expired medications according to MDM procedures (and national legislation in case of expired drugs)
- Help the Pharmacy coordinator in planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- In case of integration of medical stock under the supply, this includes providing support to Supply Log in this capacity to ensure the medical stock and pharmacy management according to recommended guide lines/procedures
- Participating in reporting according to MDM guidelines (SitReps, medical statistical reports, etc.) and reporting on drug consumptions and medical devices dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns to the Pharmacy Coordinator
- Supporting the Pharmacy Coordinator in representing and defending MDM’s interests before the Ministry of Health and other local authorities or local suppliers for any issue concerning pharmaceutical supply, in order to ensure stock procurement in the projects while complying with the national laws and regulations and following MDM protocols.
- Ensuring a close follow up of the National Drug Supply particularly in projects where MDM is working in conjunction with MoH. Collaborating in budgeting and preparing drug and other medical material orders together with Pharmacy Coordinator.
- Supervising the running of the pharmacies across the mission, ensuring the proper implementation of MDM Safety standards, include pharmacovigilance follow up and waste management protocols, and to national and international legislation, in order to ensure the quality of the service given to the population and the accurate handling of drugs and products, including its proper disposal, in terms of hygiene and security.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years relevant technical experience or a Master Degree and 3 years relevant technical experience
- Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy or its equivalent diploma
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating trainings and workshops tailored for individuals from a variety of professional and educational backgrounds
- Excellent interpersonnel and communication skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, and email
- Languages: Hausa and English, other local languages an advantage
- License to Dispense Drugs in Nigeria.
- Professional experience in Drug Dispensing
- At least 5 years experience working in similar position especially with international non government organizations will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building
- Strong understanding of gender, human rights, and issues surrounding violence against women arid girls
- Capacity to manage a team, to design and provide training sessions
- Sense of organisation and management of priorities
- Ability to take quick decisions according to the context
- Good writing and communication skills
- Patience and flexibility
- Languages: English fluent
- Knowledge of the Office Pack (Word, Excel etc.)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th July, 2018.
- We thank you for your interest in our organization, please answer each question during your application clearly and completely. By submitting this form (application), you certify that the statement you made in answer to the questions are true, complete and correct, please do not send email, just fill the form.
- We do not require nor accept any compensation whatsoever in exchange for recruitment