Médecins du Monde or Doctors of the World, is an international humanitarian non-profit organization that provides emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while advocating for equal access to healthcare worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Coordinator Assistant
Line Manager: General Coordinator
Length of contract: 6 months
Possibility for extension: YES
Starting date: ASAP
Under the supervision of the General Coordinator, and in technical link with all departments’ coordinators, the General Coordinator Assistant will be responsible for the following activities:
- Internal and external coordination, organization of meetings with authorities including traditional leaders,
- Liaison with authorities about MDM programs in Nigeria,
- Monitoring of context in Nigeria with a focus on Borno and neighboring states,
- Monitoring on alerts about opportunities of emergency interventions, Reporting
- Experience in similar position for at least 2 years
- Background in:University degree in Anthropology, Sociology or degree in studies in journalism / mass communication or humanitarian / development
- Good knowledge of Maiduguri and Borno State area as well as northeastern crisis.
- Experience dealing with government officials & traditional authorities preferred.
- Must be pro-active and a self-starter, able to use initiative and propose solutions
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint,)
- Ability to prepare info-graphics is desirable
- Mobile, ready move with General Coordinator or an Emergency Team to set up activities
- Flexibility, problem-solving, being diplomatic
- Team player
- Experience in the humanitarian sector strongly preferred
- Place of office: MAIDUGURI with some travels inside the state and to Abuja
- Ladies are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent written skills in English
- Strong sense of responsibilities and organization skills
- Strong work ethic and rigour
- Languages (spoken and written): English, Hausa required, Kanuri an advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a two-page Curriculum Vitae, three work-related references and one-page cover letter, in One Document -MS Word or PDF explaining how your skills and experience match the job requirements stated above to: [email protected] , write the job title and your name in the subject line.
- Only applications by email will be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- We are unable to accept phone calls.
- We’ll pay attention only to the complete files in English.
- Our process of selection include some written tests and oral interviews.
- Please notice that if you have not heard from MdM within 2 weeks, you should presume you were not short listed for this position. However, MdM thanks you for your interest and encourages you to apply for other openings where your skills and experience match.
- MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
Application Deadline: 27th January, 2018.