Medecins Du Monde or Doctors of the World, is an international humanitarian non-profit organization that provides emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while advocating for equal access to Healthcare worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator (M/F)
Location: Maiduguri, with regular movements to Abuja
Contract: Fixed term contract
Duration: 6 months
Starting Date: August 2017
- For more than 30 years, Medecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad.
- Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
- MdM currently works in 44 countries across all continents where it focuses on 4 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction associated with drug use, emergencies and crisis.
- Violence in the northeast of Nigeria has caused massive displacement and at the same time restricted movement: it has disrupted food supplies, seriously hindered access to basic services, and limited agricultural activities.
- It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health for all policies.
- Since February 2016, as humanitarian access is increasing, extreme food insecurity and malnutrition conditions have been revealed in Borno state.
- MdM has started since October 2016 an emergency response to this crisis, in the Borno state and is looking for experienced human resources to join the team and consolidate its intervention towards vulnerable internally displaced people and host population.
- In 2017, MdM strategy in Borno state will focus on improving access to:
- Free comprehensive PHC services
- Quality nutrition treatment for malnourished children
- Mental health and psychosocial support
- Lifesaving medical care, holistic referral services for survivors of gender based violence.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the responsibility of the general coordinator, you provide logistics guidance and support to the mission and field sites, you are responsible for the logistics staff and their capacity building. You are the focal person for the referent logistician at HQ level.
More specifically, the activities are to:
- Define and implement the logistic tools and process
- Assist fields on schedule all logistics activities needed
- Develop and maintain good network of contacts to facilitate emergency responses
- Be responsible for the line management, technical support and capacity building of logistics staff
- Participate in development, implementation and monitoring of security measures in the country
- Monitor the security context and compile all security incidents
- Ensure systems mitigate risks from corruption and insecurity
- Provide input on logistics matters for proposal and report writing
- Ensure the good filling and followup of all the logistics tools for a good capitalization
- Be responsible for the appropriate selection, use and maintenance of equipment
- Manage and supervise the rehabilitation of the health centres
- Represent MdM with external organisations and attend national logistic or security meetings
Skills and Experience Needed
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in the field of humanitarian logistics
- Experience in working in challenging environment
- Technical skills in supply chain, stock, IT, rehabilitation and shelter
- Excellent knowledge of Pack Office (Word, Excel)
- Driving licence
- Ability to work under pressure and with short deadlines
- Ability to listen and share decisions
- Experience in fleet management and in dealing with military authorities
- Experience in pharmaceutical import is an advantage
- Good writing and communication skills, Respectful, diplomatic and excellent behaviour
- You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its nonstatutory, NFP model.
- English fluent
- French is an asset
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Telephone applications will not be accepted.
- Medecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
Application Deadline: 31st July, 2017.