Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, gender, creed or political affiliation. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Purchasing Officer
Performing on a day-to-day basis the purchasing activities of a supply office, analysing market sources and competitive pricing conditions among different suppliers in order to ensure an ongoing supply of goods, following the procurement procedures and according to MSF standards and protocols. Including the following activities:
- Constantly assessing the local market, seeking products and suppliers that offer the best value for money and negotiating prices in order to guarantee the best quality and pricing for MSF goods and commodities. Regularly updating the supplier-item-price data on the supply office and informing the Supply (Activity) Supervisor / Logistics Supervisor of all information or modifications to the data i.e. price, address, items available.
- At the request of the line manager, obtaining different quotations from suppliers according to the MSF Purchasing policy and placing purchase orders to pre-selected suppliers with whom prices have been agreed.
- Requesting invoices or receipts, without delay, for all purchases, checking they are correctly filled and translating information written in local language before approval.
- Managing the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchases: completing purchase orders, checking delivery notes (against orders), managing advances issued by the Finance Department, etc. Updating information on Purchase lists after purchases are made.
- Assisting in reception control process with the storekeeper.
- Collect purchase requests (local order sheets) from the line manager and/or technical adviser or from the IR box.
- Seek products that offer good value for money, negotiate the best prices, clarify requests where necessary and complete purchase orders.
- When a quotation is requested (noted on the order sheet), obtain at least three quotations (in sealed envelopes) from local merchants or tradesmen, with all the necessary information: price, description of the goods, name and address of the supplier, registration and Tax identification Numbers (TINs).
- Prepare comparative bids analysis for the evaluation committee.
- Check that receipts/invoices are correctly completed, in accordance with the recommendations of the Finance Department, in particular: writing in pencil the final destination of the goods as per the order sheet and providing.
- Update prices/quality (monthly) and recommend the cheapest or best purchases to the line manager and technical adviser.
- Performing delegated tasks according to his / her activity and as specified in his/her job description.
- Perform any other duties as may be required from the line manager.
- Candidates should possess an OND qualification.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents in ZIP folder: CV, qualifications, Certificate, any other important document, and a Cover Letter with your contact details to: email@example.com using “Purchasing Officer” as the subject of the email.
Click here to apply online
31st October, 2022.