Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare. We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Pharmacy Supervisor
Location: Gwoza LGA, Borno
Report to: Project Medical Referent
Report to (functional): Project Medical Referent
Area: Medical & Paramedical
Supervises: Pharmacy store keeper and medicine dispenser (s)
Working Hours: 48 per week
Contract Duration: Six (6)
Ensuring general functioning of the pharmacy and supervising pharmacy supply chain processes in accordance with MSF standards, protocols and procedures, in order to ensure its efficiency and operating availability.
- Defining storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents), implementing appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material, according to MSF protocols, national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
- Coordinating the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department, updating stock files and informing line managers on their status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), in order to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
- Supervising orders of medical and drug material in order to ensure an efficient and appropriate consumption pattern under budget constraints.
- Supervise the supply of drugs to patients, according to medical prescriptions, informing them on consumption patterns and keeping conditions in order to ensure their therapeutic progression
- Ensure efficient supply to other pharmacies managed/supported by MSF according to orders and stocks and using cold chain when needed.
- Monitoring and analyse orders of end user units in order to avoid ruptures of stock overstock and expired drugs.
- Recording all items received and issued and report on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols
- Assisting in training of nursing staff regarding dispensing of drugs and their side effects and on management of drugs.
- Supervising the management of medical supplies in end user units especially for controlled drugs and cold chain
- Promoting and supervising rational drug use in end user units.
- Education Essential: Degree/ Diploma in Pharmacy.
- Medical knowledge an asset. Possession of a valid pharmaceutical Licence.
- Experience: Minimum 1 year of practical experience desirable.
- Computer Literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Be flexible, open-minded and patient;
- Service orientation;
- Stress Management.
Salary: As per the MSF salary scale (National contract)
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 7th April, 2021.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply.