Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996. A Memorandum of Understanding between Medecins Sans Frontieres and the Federal Government of Nigeria facilitates this. We are at present co-operating with the Federal Ministry of Health, State and Local Government departments of health on various health projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Secretary
Location: MSF OCA, Abuja Office
- Main objective and responsibility of the position is to Perform Administrative activities, and event organization according to the instructions of the supervisor and MSF rules and protocols to ensure efficient administrative support to MSF office staff (both expats and NS)
Description of the Responsibilities/Activities
- Ensure and monitor laundry at CMT house, cleaning of living spaces, kitchen, bathrooms etc. and follow up and reporting maintenance requirements to relevant department/people.
- Preparing briefing and debriefing schedules for arriving and departing expats in Abuja, adjusting schedules according to profile.
- Managing accommodation for CMT expats, visitors, transiting expats, and R&Rs, including room assignments in CMT house, liaising with other house managers, and booking hotel rooms as needed.
- Receiving and welcoming new Expats or visitor/guests, distributing de/briefing schedules, giving tours of office, and providing briefings on CMT house.
- Liaise and collaborate with HR assists in different locations in booking and purchase of domestic flight tickets, ensuring follow up as necessary.
- Update of expat/NS movements on the white board according to the movement matrix and communicate during meetings.
- Ensure accurate reporting of expat food kitty to finance based on presence.
- Support in preparation of communication, Letters of invitation, Proof Of life and scan/binding of documents as requested.
- Taking staff and other meeting minutes and share as requested.
- Ensure the photocopies and scan of documents are made and distributed as requested and supervise use of photocopier by other staff and report any defects.
- Assisting in posting of job adverts in strategic places.
- Provide support to HR department staff in updating and managing HR files, as requested.
- Cover Admin Assist absences (in project locations, by remote support and project visits) and supporting other HR staff during absences.
- Flexibility in undertaking assigned tasks, due to the changing nature of MSF operations
- Supervision and management of domestic staff (cooks & Cleaners) for Coordination office and house.
- Managing leave of absences, ensure replacements and preparation of job evaluations.
- Management of house hold items and office supplies (drinking water, coffee, tea) in liaison with Logistics department, arranging of expat food (ensuring required quantities and quality), ensuring cleaning material and house hold items minimum levels are maintained at all times.
- Organize internal and external events (meetings, presentations, trainings etc) in sending invitations, ordering the catering, arranging accommodation, and negotiating with hotel owners as requested.
- Manage the meeting room schedule and coordinate available meeting spaces in the office.
- Manage all incoming /outgoing mail/packages, ensuring a proper registration and delivery to internal or external recipients. Monitor deliveries and check the receipts, as well as the communication with the Courier Company and process billing for services rendered.
- Education: BA in Management, Administration or Secretarial Studies
- Experience: Fresh graduate who completed National Youth Service corps (NYSC).
- Languages: Knowledge of English (spoken &written, plus any local languages
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Competences: Result, Teamwork, Flexibility, Commitment and Stress management.
Interested and qualified candidates should send submit their Application Letter, latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Photocopies of all necessary Credentials with Telephone Contact details (daytime) in an envelope (specify on the envelope – Application for the post of SECRETARY) to the address below:
Human Resources Coordinator,
Médecins Sans Frontieres – Holland,
No. 11, First Avenue,
No. 26 Agaie Road,
Behind State CID,
Applications can also be submitted at any of the MSF OCA project offices in Benue, Niger Sokoto and Zamfara States.
Send your CV’s and Applications to: [email protected] with the “Post of Secretary” as the subject.
Application Deadline 24th August, 2018.
Job Title: Water and Sanitation Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Main Objective of the Position
- MSF OCBA has been working in Nigeria since 2013. Early 2015 the organization begun to support MoH in treating Ebola.
- In June 2015, OCBA opened projects in Damaturu (Yobe State), Gwoza and Pulka (Borno State) in the north-eastern part of the country providing Primary health care and Malnutrition program in all three sites
- In addition, OCBA has in Maiduguri a sub base to coordinate with other actors within Borno State.
- In 2018 an emergency team, NIMERT, has been set up to deal with emergency responses in Nigeria.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Responsible for the WASH part of Nigerian Mobile Emergency Response Team (NIMERT). Proposes work plans and programs (water supply, excreta disposal, waste management, hygiene, and infection control) and any other pertinent WASH related activity)
- Designs, implements and manages all Watsan interventions in the first steps/set up of the projects (including, but not limited to: water supply, excreta disposal, waste management, hygiene, and infection control)
- Supports the mission projects ensuring compliance with MSF standards and protocols
- Ensures proper collection and monitoring of Watsan data. Ensures multidisciplinary data availability.
- Analyses data and reports regularly theft results (as requested by line management)
- Academic background in Engineering or an equivalent relevant training
- Watsan in emergencies training within MSF is strongly recommended
- Previous experience in technical aspects of water and sanitation works.
- Minimum of 1-year of hands on field emergency WHS professional experience in a humanitarian or international development setting
- Desirable experience in or familiar with implementing and promoting the use of two or more of the following activities(water supply, excreta disposal, waste and waste water management, vector control, and dead bodies management during cholera outbreak) in two or more different contexts(conflicts, natural disasters, refugee/IDP camps, etc.)
- Desirable public health experience.
- Essential English and local language
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Service Orientation
- Stress Management.
- Planning and organizing
- People management and development
- Security awareness and management
- Length of the contract
- One year with possibility of extension dependent of performance
- NGN392, 500 (Gross Salary).
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and motivation letter preferably by email to: [email protected] The Subject of the mail should be “RE: WATSAN MANAGER”
Submit it in person (Write the position for which you are applying on the envelope) to:
NTA Junction, Off Damboa Road,
Old International School Line,
Application Deadline 27th August, 2018.