Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Obstetrician / Gynecologist
Location: Jahun, Jigawa
Type of contract: Open ended contract / 208 hours / month
Roster: Flexibility Required
Start date: As soon as Possible
Main Purpose of the Position
- To provide support to the project medical team by giving specialized consultation, clinical and surgical management of obstetric and gynaecological patients and to improve and reinforce the quality of obstetrics and gynaecology care according to MSF standards.
- Provide health care related to gynaecology and obstetrics to patients in the project, including prevention, diagnosis and treatment
- Share the tasks with national GPs in management of obstetric patients; support clinical thinking and decision making, ensure safe management, and coach GPs
- Ensure in collaboration with medical activity manager/MTL the implementation of MSF clinical policies, tools, guidelines and protocols related to gynaecology and obstetrics in order to minimize clinical risk and to extend best reproductive practices
- In collaboration with other medical colleagues, may assist in the collection of quantitative gynaecological data and ensure exhaustive use of management tools.
- Participate in collaboration with the Medical Teams the maintenance and running of the gynaecological equipment and drug consumption, preparing new orders when required and ensuring its rational use as well as that pharmacy stock level are permanently updated and available.
- Education: Gynecology / Obstetric specialist diploma is essential
- Experience: At least 1 year certified work experience in Gynecology/ Obstetrics is essential
- Language: English required; Hausa will be an added value
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel) is an added value
- Competencies: Results, Teamwork, Flexibility, Commitment, Stress management.
Salary & Benefits
- Monthly Gross salary of N877,650
- Plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of salary.
- Group Life Insurance for all staff under contract
- Health Care coverage.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] clearly indicating the “Obstetrician Gynaecologist – Jahun” as subject of your mail.
Documents to provide:
- Cover letter
- Updated CV
- Copies of diploma(s) and work certificate(s) relevant for the position
- ID copy.
Application Deadline: 30th March, 2020.
- Only complete and relevant applications will be considered in the process.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.