Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Specialist
Location: Zurmi, Zamfara
Contract Period: Six Months
Possibility of extension: Yes
Start Date: 26th November 2021
Contract: 208 working hours per month
- Carry out assessments and ensure the implementation, maintenance and monitoring of the technical work in the projects within a certain area of specialization (Electrical Engineering, GIS, ICT, Biomed, Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, Construction Engineering ) according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the project and its infrastructures and the efficient use of the systems and equipment.
- Define procedures and ensure the implementation, monitoring, maintenance and correct functioning of all technical work within the project.
- Manage technical activities in close collaboration with the field responsible of the sector of activity
- Carry out assessment and feasibility studies in the project to provide line managers with alternatives and possible solutions to infrastructure challenges in the area of specialization e.g. installing / building / implementing.
- Liaise directly with the staff to identify project needs and manage response and prioritization of requests.
- Where standard protocols are not available or appropriate, developing a protocol seeking extensive feedback and pilot tests to ensure its functionality as well as define standards and monitoring systems.
- Ensure the proper documentation, filing and the compilation of all installation and maintenance work done or required
- Act as a technical referent, providing technical advice and oversight of quality and knowledge of the team.
- Provide training sessions to technicians, managers and supervisors in the overall set-up of equipment, use and maintenance of new installations
- When required, act as Flying expert in the mission and providing deep technical advice to managers
- Perform delegated tasks specific to her area of specialty as defined in his/her job description.
- Essential: Technical Diploma or University Degree, preferably as an Engineer.
- Essential: At least two years of working experience in logistics related activities
- Desirable: Previous experience with MSF or other NGOs, and working experience in an emergency context.
- Mission language essential.
- According to MSF National Salary Scale
Application Deadline: 3rd December 2021
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidates apply using the link above and attach their CV
- Zamfara Indigenes, Women and People with Disabilities are encouraged to Apply