Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organi-zation that delivers emergency aid in more than 70 countries to people affected by armed con-flict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Psychologist (Cover Maternity Leave)
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting for its project in Port Harcourt: Psychologist Maternity leave cover – 5 month contract
- Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. In Port Harcourt, Rivers State MSF works out of two clinics providing free medical and psychological care for victims of sexual abuse.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Inform the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective
- Identify the need for, and facilitate support groups
- Participate in MSF activities in the community.
- Ensure that all patient information is kept confidential
- Ensure psychological support throughout the SGBV survivors stay at the clinic
- Ensure that psychosocial care is integrated as soon as possible in the care of the survivor
- Carry out evaluation of psychological and mental health needs of patients, elaborate a diagnosis and establish a plan of treatment
- Provide psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols to improve their mental health conditions
- Counsel families on how to support their child if the survivor is a minor
- Assess social and protection needs as needed
- Continue to offer counselling services to survivors on follow up according to the protocol and based on the needs identified
- Emphasize the importance of adherence to follow up appointments
- Provide systematic follow-up for survivors
- Participate in data collection Collecting statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities
- Assisting and training staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities.
- Guarantee confidentiality
- Guarantee correct handling of all documents related to the patient
- Write clear and concise notes in survivor files whenever the patient is seen
- Maintain a good documentation system for the adherence sessions for effective follow up of survivors
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation of activities in care for SGBV survivors.
- Schedule follow up appointments for survivors and explain the importance of the appointments
- Education: B.Sc in Psychology, Valid License from Nigerian Association of Clinical Psychologists
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years of active clinical experience since graduation; Interest and/or experience in Sexual/Gender Based Violence.
- Languages: Pidgin and English required additional local languages desirable.
- Computer Literacy: Word and Excel
- Work Location: Orogbum and Eliozu Clinics (Port Harcourt, River State, Nigeria).
- Work commitment: 208 hours per month.
- Fixed-term contract: availability 5 months: May-End September, 2019
- Monthly Gross salary of N300,456
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter, CV and copies of qualifications with contact details (and using the Reference “Psychologist”) to:
The MSF Admin Office (“Application Box” outside the front gate),
No 40, Onne Road,
GRA II, Port Harcourt,
Applications can be submitted by e-mail to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 8th May, 2019.
- Incomplete, non-compliant or late applications will not be considered
- Only successful applicants will be called for written test and interview.