Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Reference No.: AS01200
Location: Puka, Gwoza LGA, Borno
Main Objective of the Position
- Control the daily cash/check management, by checking the data reliability, tracking invoices and submitting monthly accounts in accordance with the Admin Manager’s instructions and MSF protocols to provide accurate, updated financial in-formation.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Maintain and update cashbook movements for each petty cash box, record all IN and Out transactions ensure that cashbox balances always reflect the actual amount of money kept in the cashboxes and, investigate any discrepancy.
- Monitor cash advances by ensuring that MSF rules and protocols are followed and the amounts advanced will be duly refunded.
- Keep track of bills/vouchers and other running costs and analyse the related information (costs, service contracts …) to give reliable information about the project functioning
- Ensure all receipts meet MSF requirements (deadlines, information, signatures …).
- Ensure a monthly accounts report in accordance with MSF procedures, checking individual entries and preparing the necessary administrative documents (originals) as a basis for justification and explanation of payments and receipts made.
- Check the quality of the receipts for check payments
- Inform supervisors of any issues/problems that may arise in their job performance.
- Make the payment of taxes within legal datelines.
- Perform currency exchange operations in accordance with the country’s exchange rate policy.
- Ensure strict compliance with cash control procedures for each cashbox / currency (daily cash control, weekly cash inventory, reconciliation with FFC together with the Manager, to ensure reliable and updated financial information.
- Finance, Business or Administration related Diploma
- Previous working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries
- Local language, desirable mission working language
- Computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Service Orientation L1
- Stress Management. L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- As per the MSF salary scale (national contract).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Motivation Letters either by email to: [email protected]
In person to any of the following MSF Spain Offices:
Application Deadline 28th February, 2018.
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.