Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare. We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Construction Supervisor
Location: Jahun, Jigawa
Accountabilities / Responsibilities: (non-exhaustive list)
- Supervise the rehabilitation works of MSF building inside Jahun Hospital in Jigawa State
- Ensure technical support for his area of activity and provides coaching to logistics staff under his/her responsibility.
- Supervise the contractors and/or daily workers during the construction.
- Ensure the good quality of the material supplied and used during the construction.
- Ensure that the security measures are respected on construction site (personal protective equipment, fencing
- Ensure the material delivery date according to the planning.
- Support and supervise the Construction Storekeeper.
- Forecast, manage and follow up orders done for the construction, based on stock data
- Ensure orders are correctly taken into account by the Purchasing Clerk.
- Responsible for tools and equipment provided during the construction.
- Keep the working area clean and tidy.
- Ensure that the line manager is informed of any problems that might be linked to the construction and to the existing MSF premises.
- Understand the project in his wholeness, take into account also the electrical system, the water and sanitation.
- Follow and check the project chronogram.
- Control, supervise and ensure that the works are carried out according to the rehabilitation project.
- In conjunction with Construction Referent, negotiate with a subcontractor on scope of work and pricing
- Write a weekly situation report including update on works done, planning, materials and workers on-site, as well as planning the following week.
Required Skills and Conditions
- Education: Essential, secondary education; desirable Engineering or construction diploma/education
- Essential 2 years of previous experience in similar jobs, MSF experience is an asset
- Ability to read and understand construction plans
- Knowledge of construction structural analysis
- Knowledge of water and Sanitation workDeep Knowledge of local construction material work
- Deep knowledge of main Nigerian construction
- Knowledge of different construction systems and materials (metal, clay brick and concrete in particular)
- Ability to accurately describe and assess the status of a construction project and be ready to provide possible solutions when necessary
- A positive attitude and willingness to encourage co-worker
- Ability to communicate with subcontractor, suppliers and clients
- Fluent English (speaking, reading and writing); Fluent Hausa (speaking)
- Computer Literacy: Good command of Word, Excel and CAD software. Structural analysis software command is an asset.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit your Cover Letter, CV, Qualifications and Contact details to: [email protected] using “Construction Supervisor / Your Full Name” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 20th March, 2020.
- Only successful applicants will be called for written test and interview.
- Non-compliant or late applications will not be considered