Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nurse
Location: Shinkafi, Zamfara
Report to: Project Medical Referent
Report to (functional): Nursing Activities Manager
Area: Medical and Paramedical
Working Hours: 48 Hours per Week
No of Places: 03
Contract Duration: 6 months
Salary: NGN 3,014,622 (Annual basic Salary +13th month) as per the MSF salary scale (national contract)
- Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population
- Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
- Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- Identifying Sexually Gender Based Violence victims and referring them to the medical team so they can receive the necessary treatment. Knowing and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit.
- Ensuring patients are properly received and installed and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort. For ER and OPD nurse, ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary.
- Sending material to be sterilized and recuperates it from sterilization.
- Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health
- Essential recognized nurse degree/diploma.
- Desirable Bachelor in Science of Nursing.
- Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s.
- Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting.
- Essential: computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioral and Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Principles, Stress Management.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a CV, Motivation Letter, copy of Nursing and Midwifery License, copies of credentials and copy of the NYSC certificate (only PDF or Word) to: [email protected] (in the subject please to put the position and the reference for while you are applying).
Application Deadline: 16th March, 2020.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- Applications are non- returnable. Do not submit original certificates or credentials.
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply.