Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996. A Memorandum of Understanding between Medecins Sans Frontieres and the Federal Government of Nigeria facilitates this. We are at present co-operating with the Federal Ministry of Health, State and Local Government departments of health on various health projects. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transport and Custom Supervisor
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Main Objective and Responsibility of the Position
- Planning and supervising the day to day implementation of procedures and administrative processes for the efficient clearance and transportation of medical and non-medical goods in the mission according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the optimal functioning of the mission
Description of the Responsibilities / Activities
- Planning and supervising the day to day activities and administrative processes to ensure an efficient running of the clearance and transportation processes of medical and non-medical goods for a supply office (coordination or project), ensuring compliance of MSF standards, protocols and procedures. These activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Acting as a forwarding agent for the mission by ensuring all the importation process in liaison with clearing agents through follow-ups of all importation process in order to release the goods as fast as possible; following up on the MOU and liaising with Ministry of Finances and others for taxes exemption. Being the focal person of the Ministry of Health for the import license by providing all the details on the content of the importations
- Conducting local context watch and proposing best routing for local transport taking in consideration nature of goods and timing and participates in the network for cargo transportation possibilities with the others sections. Organizing regular market consultations and tenders on transport local market (Road, Air …)
- Being responsible for the reception of international freight
- Planning, prioritizing and organizing the shipment of goods purchased locally and managing all related administration documents
- Communicating with customers, prioritizing transport according to their needs.
- Coordinating and leading the team under his/her responsibility including the daily workers, defining each person’s tasks (daily supervision and checking the quality of their work); drawing up working schedule and organizing and leading team meetings
- Performing delegated tasks according to his /her specialty and as specified in his/her job description
- Performing the day to day activities and administrative processes to ensure an efficient running of the clearing and transportation processes of medical and non-medical goods for a supply office (coordination or project) following the supply procedures according to MSF standards and protocols.
- Supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
Including the following activities.
- Managing and planning, in collaboration with the line supervisor and the warehouse supervisor, the shipment of goods between the projects and/or from the capital to the projects choosing the best possible means of transport;
- Being responsible for all customs and administrative related issues;
- Regularly assessing the local transport market (companies, prices, services, delays…); and proposing different third-party providers for validation.
- Being responsible for the reception of international freight and its forwarding to the field;
- Minimum of OND qualification.
- Minimum of 2 years experience.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Upon completion of your application send soft copies of your CV to: [email protected] using ”Transport and Custom Supervisor” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 10th December, 2020.
- Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- MSF is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity within the organization