Media Trust Limited is the publisher of Daily Trust and other newspaper titles. They are also into commercial printing as well as Brand Marketing Research for the purpose of identifying new opportunities for business values.
Each market research report delivers insight across a wide range of crucial factors such as market size, growth drivers, competitive landscape, trends, and forecasts. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sub-Editor
- The sub-editor ensures that contents are accurate and conform to the Daily Trust writing style.
- He or she reads stories by staff reporters and stringers and ensures that they are factually and grammatically correct, and suitable for the target audience. He or she edits the stories or headlines before fitting the stories into the available sections of our various digital platforms.
- The ideal candidate has reporting and editing background and understands the dynamics of breaking news especially in this digital era.
- Write, rewrite, edit and proofread news and feature stories
- Check facts and claims to ensure they are accurate
- Ensure stories conform to copyright laws, are not libelous or go against the publication’s policy
- Ensure the house style is adhered to
- Rewrite press releases and statements for news
- Write and edit breaking news
- Ensure that stories are the right length and correctly placed on each page or section of the website
- Cast headlines that capture the essence of the story
- Add appropriate photos for stories
- Write and edit captions for photos, videos and illustrations
- Minimum of a degree or HND in Mass Communication, English or Social Sciences
- At least five years of working experience as journalist
- Minimum of two years of working experience as sub-editor
- Prior experience of working as digital journalist a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of grammar and punctuation
- News savvy
- An understanding of the law relating to publishing and journalism
- Meticulous attention to details
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Content Management System (CMS)
- Prior reporting experience a plus
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 23rd February, 2020