Medplus is Nigeria’s leading health and beauty retailer. With over 35 stores nationwide, offering specialist referral services including travel clinic, chiropody and podiatry, hearing health clinic, osteopathy, ostomy, an ayurvedic clinic, chinese medicine and hair clinic. Our purpose is to help our customers live their lives to the fullest by looking and feeling good. Medplus limited was incorporated as the first ever retail pharmaceutical company in Nigeria on the 23rd of November 1993. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit Manager
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Lead the identification and evaluation of the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls and the development of audit programs to effectively and efficiently test key controls identified.
- Responsible for implementing, directing and overseeing the auditing and compliance programs
- Assesses the adequacy and extent of programs designed to safeguard organization assets.
- Conduct store compliance and operational audits, functional tests and specific reviews according to developed programs/plans. Review and appraise internal records, policies and procedures in terms of adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls. Prepare complete and accurate work papers to record and summarize data gathered and tested on each assignment.
- Collating store audit reports and internal audit reports; communicate audit issues, recommendations, corrective actions and store management responses to corporate and functional management.
- Communicate store audit results; compile and distribute audit summaries and other requested information to Management.
- Manage stock loss prevention effectively.
- Maintain current knowledge of legal regulations, industry trends and best Accounting/Audit practices (operating and financial activities); make recommendations to improve current programs and processes and to ensure company legal compliance. Monitor changes in the regulatory environment to assist in risk assessment and evaluation
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Perform financial auditing, supply distribution and Store operations.
- Conduct all inventory stock counts and investigate exceptions, overages and shortages.
- Prepare audit results and education topics, and conduct presentations to new staffs and otherwise as required.
- Identify and evaluate risk, execute audit tests, determine areas for improvement in efficiency and effectiveness and work with management to develop action plans to ensure risks are effectively mitigated.
- Lead planned audits into the company, including organizing teams, inspecting accounts, checking compliance with applicable laws, detecting ineffective or inefficient practices and verifying financial records
- Evaluate company inventory, records, worker statements, assets, payrolls, cash on hand, insurance, tax statements and annuities, and use the information to guide financial policy
- Review past data, stay informed about new developments and be prepared to integrate changing books into a current policy
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]