Melios Limited is an independent and innovative Total Risk Management and Asset Integrity Consultancy Company, established in 2011 and operating out of Nigeria and the UK. The company services are streamlined into five key offerings that deliver value at all project phases and operational lifecycle of assets.
Our goal as a company is to help our clients identify, understand and control risks, protect life and the environment, optimise operational efficiency and safeguard prized investments.
We require exceptional individuals to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graduate Technical Safety Engineer
- Support the development of Melios major accident and incident database
- Undertake detailed analysis of database to generate factual information that can be published on website and used in enhancing study delivery.
- Support and develop software products and solutions including ReSTeRS
- Follow up and maintain good communication with the Client
- Undertake weekly review of company website and ensure news that promote business are published regularly.
- Undertake daily visit to company approved news and current affairs webpages to identify business relevant news items including safety related incidents and accidents.
- Assist in follow up of completed job invoices.
- Perform any other tasks relevant to business goals as directed by management.
- Carryout safety engineering and risk assessment (and legislative compliance) studies including fire, explosion, smoke and gas dispersion modelling, and QRA.
- Scribe in formal safety reviews, and in some cases actively contribute to HAZID, Bowties, ENVID, HAZOP, SIL studies etc.
- Maintain database of relevant new / emerging regulations and support any consultation processes and other databases as may be assigned.
- Prepare proposals and CTR estimates.
- Deliver quality, cost effective and timely engineering support within short interval planning and conflicting priorities.
- Manage own budget on projects and report progress against schedule.
- Identify and propose new opportunities and areas of improvement within Melios processes and services.
- Initiate and administer internal and external audit activities necessary to maintain company ISO 9001 certification.
- Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent in Engineering/Scientific Subject preferably with additional postgraduate qualification.
- Knowledge & Understanding of the following techniques: Safety Studies, HAZOP/SIL/LOPA/HAZID, Bowtie Analysis, Fire & Explosion, Consequence Modelling, QRA.
- Knowledge of relevant standards, practices and regulations, with emphasis on those applicable within the UK, US, Norway, Australia & Nigeria.
- Familiarity with offshore production operations and the hazards associated with them.
- Experience of working in an oil and gas engineering or consultancy environment.
- Extensive experience of the application of safety engineering tools and techniques, particularly relating to oil and gas operations.
Skills and Qualities
- Ability to work on own initiative without constant supervision.
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills, and must have the ability to document and present clearly.
- Ability to communicate orally with vendors, clients, management and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is crucial.
- Ability to work in both large and small teams.
- Ability to carry out tasks in accordance with defined procedures and instruction.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work under pressure without compromising efficiency.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: [email protected] with the Job Title as the subject.
Application Deadline 28th December, 2018.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.