Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) is an international economic development organization whose mission is to create business solutions to poverty. Founded in 1953 by a group of Mennonite entrepreneurs, we partner with people living in poverty to start or grow small and medium-sized businesses in developing regions around the world. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Specialist
- The Grants Specialist is to support technical leads in the implementation of grants, sub-grants and smart incentives to Key Facilitating Partners (KFPs), Lead Firms, Small Scale Businesses and Consultants of MEDA’s Nigeria WAY Project.
- S/he will serve as the administrative and compliance lead for all Nigeria WAY Project granting mechanism.
- S/he will support the projects technical leads to monitor grantee compliance to all administrative and financial requirements of their contracts and ensure their grants documentation and financial records are accurate including providing support and assistance to grantees around compliance as needed.
- Implement the grants manual which details procedures and processes
- Manage, monitor and reporting on granting agreements and portfolios
- Enter all granting agreements into Client Relationship Management software, updating it regularly.
- Facilitate grant management, support contracting process, budget build up and reporting and monitoring of grants, and other activities related to compliance for contracts.
- Review of partners’ recordkeeping processes to ensure that all expenses claimed to the project are accurately documented according to the financial policies of MEDA and GAC.
- Support timely release of funds to KFPs for effective and smooth execution of project activities by grantees.
- Ensure compliance to the financial policy by grantee and that best practice are followed in a timely manner.
- Analysis and evaluation of proposed workplans and budgets submitted by partners to ensure adherence to the contract terms, and GAC and MEDA grants management policies and regulations.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Finance and Grants Manager
- University Degree in Finance, Accounting or other relevant related field.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in accounting, finance and sub-grant management with international donor projects
- Strong grants management, financial and audit experience as a Grants Specialist
- Strong digital skills in Microsoft Word, SharePoint, excel etc., and experience with CRM database software
- Fluency in English and Hausa is required.
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s values, mission and purpose
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Tuesday; 24th January, 2023 (8:00am West Africa Standard Time).