Merck is a leading science and technology company in healthcare, life science and performance materials. Around 50,000 employees in 67 countries work to further develop technologies that improve and enhance life from biopharmaceutical therapies to treat cancer or multiple sclerosis, cutting-edge systems for scientific research and production, to liquid crystals for smartphones and LCD televisions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Manager
Req ID: 171591
- As the sales manager for bioprocessing division at Merck Nigeria you will be responsible for the delivery and orchestration of sales activity in a defined territory both directly and by coordinating distributors and internal resources such as technical specialists and sales support within the pharma and beverage segments.
- You will work in collaboration with Field Marketing and Sales Development, to develop and implement specific Plans of Action that support strategies for accounts and markets in the region. You will also act as a project leader, focal point and decision maker concerning all organizational and business topics related to the region.
- You will develop and recommend a comprehensive sales plan about the area of growth, defining market share, opportunities for growth, manpower requirements, and key target accounts.
- You will also influence the development of relationships with customers and maintain contact and rapport with employees, customers, and prospects within assigned areas. The territory might be expanded to neighboring countries in the future.
Who you are:
- University Degree (Life Sciences or Engineering preferred)
- 7 years of experience and solid knowledge of the pharmaceutical production process; either by working in or selling to the pharma market
- Entrepreneurial Spirit, Strong financial acumen and negotiating skills; able to use a variety of negotiation tools and engage customers to multi-year contract/commitment
- Fluency in English required
- Effective in project management and leadership in matrixed environments
Application Closing Date