Mercy Corps has been present in Nigeria since 2012, focusing its interventions on adolescent girls’ empowerment, economic development and conflict mitigation. With the insurgency spilling over from the North East of Nigeria and causing displacement of millions of individuals, Mercy Corps has decided to address the rising humanitarian needs among displaced households and vulnerable host communities by starting its humanitarian program in July 2014.
For the finance specific role, the Finance Department is responsible for all financial functions including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and grant financial management and compliance. The Mercy Corps Finance Department ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as Mercy Corps’ internal policies and procedures. In its role as a support to the Program Department, the Finance Department provides timely reports and assistance to the Country Director and the Program team to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin/Receptionist Intern
Intern Worksite Location: Abuja
Dates of Internship: 6 June 2016
Length of Internship: 6 months
Mercy Corps Responsibilities
- For the duration of this internship assignment the intern will receive a monthly allowance
- Intern will remain responsible for all costs associated with his/her internship in Mercy Corps Nigeria
- The Admin/Receptionist Intern will be based in Abuja and will work under the direct supervision of the Admin and Logistics Officer to support operations process of MC Nigeria.
- The successful candidate will undertake HR administrative duties working in close collaborations with other operations team members as well Programs.
At the end of the internship period, the intern should have acquired the following skills and knowledge:
- Learn to manage relationships with external stakeholders
- Demonstrate understanding for discharging administrative functions
- Understand Mercy Corps processes
- Answer all incoming correspondents and dispatch to recipients.
- Direct visitors to the proper person or department.
- Log in TARs and support in making travel logistics arrangements.
- Collate monthly office supply (stationaries) requisition and distribute items to departments.
- Prepare Payment requests.
- Make visa enquiries from embassy on behalf of staff.
- Conduct self in a professional manner
- Monitor daily usage of office supplies/utilities and take stock.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Ideal candidate should possess the following Qualifications
- A B.Sc or HND in Business related field is essential.
- Ability to use the following Microsoft Productivity tools: Excel, and Word.
- Fluency in English Language.
- A demonstrated ability to multitask and process information into action in a timely manner.
- The intern will be expected to work 40 hours a week
- Mercy Corps interns and volunteers represent the agency both during and outside of work hours and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit CV and Cover Letter, addressing the position requirements to: [email protected]ps.org All applications must include the position title in the subject line.
- Application must not be more than four pages.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity organization and we encourage women to apply.
Application Deadline 31st May, 2016.