Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within, now, and for the future. We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Driver
Requisition Number: DRIVE002820
Job Category: Operations, Procurement, Logistics
Travel Required: Yes
Program / Department Summary:
- The Driver will work within the Logistics department of the Operational Support structure, committed to providing reliable and compliant support to program activities in order to achieve efficient service to program beneficiaries.
General Position Summary:
- The driver will provide safe transportation services for the MC program and support staff in the AOR (Area of Responsibility).
- The driver will adhere to all traffic and MC safety rules and follow the transport guidelines required by the MC transport department.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Operate MC vehicles as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain vehicle log sheets in accordance with MC policies/regulations.
- Check the vehicle conditions after each trip/routinely – report needs and problems to transport management.
- Adhere to all safety and communication protocols as advised by Mercy Corps and supervisor.
- Responsible for the safekeeping of all vehicle equipment, tools, first aid kits, spares etc.
- Keep the vehicle ready, clean and on standby – ready for use at all times.
- Assist, as required, with logistics in the office.
- Cooperate and be of assistance to staff and visitors – assist in troubleshooting potential problems during daily business.
- Report all maintenance needs of the vehicle to the operations lead within the office on a regular basis;
- Undertake field assignments as assigned.
- Adherence to all MC policies and procedures as outlined in MC policies and procedure manuals.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in the country of operation.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries:
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
- Accountable for following Mercy Corps Manual, guidelines, policies and procedures; the Mercy Corps Code of Conduct regarding procurement activities and MC Conflict of Interest policy.
- Reports Directly To Operations Manager.
- Works Directly With Assistant Operations Officer, other drivers. Coordinate with Mercy Corps program and operations staff in the office.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least a minimum of 2 years of experience working as a Driver (logistics or procurement), preferably within an NGO, international business, or related field.
- Candidate must have at least Professional certification in related technical coursework.
- Valid driver’s license and experience driving 4×4 vehicles.
- Must respect and adhere to all safety and traffic rules.
- Basic understanding of English and fluency in all local languages is required.
- Knowledge of routes, duty stations, project areas, and the NGO and diplomatic community is required.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
29th September, 2022.
- Candidates should have their CVs and Cover Letters in one document not more than four (4) pages long, addressing the position requirements.
- Female candidates who are qualified are strongly encouraged to apply.