Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. In Nigeria, Mercy Corps has worked since 2012 by focusing its programming on adolescent girls’ empowerment, economic development, conflict mitigation, and humanitarian response.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Intern
Ref No: MDG/HUMOPS/2018/00005
Duration: March – December, 2018
Length of Internship: 10 Months
- The HR Intern will be based in Maiduguri and will provide day-to-day support to the HR Operations in Maiduguri under the direct supervision of the HR Officer based in Maiduguri
- The successful candidate will undertake HR administrative duties working in close collaborations with other operations team members as well as Programs.
At the end of the internship period, the intern should have acquired the following skills and knowledge:
- Understand the dynamics behind talent acquisition and management
- Learn to manage relationships with external stakeholders
- Assist in the building of new employee engagement schemes
- Understand the importance of HR Networking and Collaboration processes
- Have a deeper understanding of strategic recruitment and selection
- Organize and facilitate the scheduling of interviews and other HR related meetings
- Update employment contract and Intern engagement tracker
- Putting letters into respective files
- Conduct reference check for suitable candidates/consultants
- Populate and update emergency contact table
- Support the HR Officer in carrying out all required recruitment exercises as required and as requested during Humanitarian Expansion in Maiduguri
- Support the internal Talent acquisition process
- Place adverts online
- Run reference checks for new hires
- Assist the department to organize trainings and workshops as and when required
- Download all applications and send recruitment long list to hiring managers as and when required
- Receive and collate all staff monthly Timesheets
- A B.Sc or HND in Business related field is essential
- A demonstrated ability to multitask and process information into action in a timely manner
- Ability to use the following Microsoft Productivity tools: Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Demonstrated interest for pursuing a career in HR related role.
- Fluency in English Language
- The intern will be expected to work 40 hours a week
- The intern will be paid a monthly allowance of N60,000
- Health insurance will also be provided.
- The internship engagement aims at creating learning opportunity and is not a guarantee for securing full time working relationship with Mercy Corps Nigeria.
- Mercy Corps interns and volunteers represent the agency both during and outside of work hours and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Application Closing Date
23rd February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send no more than 4 page CV’s and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to:
[email protected] Or Drop off Applications in a sealed envelope with the position boldly written to: Mercy Corps Nigeria, No.6 Extension 111 Gambole Road, Opposite Capital School, Old GRA, Maiduguri, Borno State. Note
- All applications must include the Position Title in the subject line and not more than 4 pages.
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and we are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.