Merit Telecoms (NIG) Limited / Merit Telecoms Nigeria Limited is an independent and recognized leader in providing wireless voice and data turnkey services to the telecommunication industry. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Finance Officer
Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure financial processes and controls operations effectively and efficiently on a day to day basis and develop and implement reporting measures to demonstrate their operation.
- Ensure that all reconciliations completed on timely basis and differences are investigated and resolved promptly.
- Prepare financial statements for the company
- Complete VAT returns and all tax returns
- Provide a strategic, efficient and flexible procurement service which will deliver optimum value for money, cost savings and best quality of service
- Support the Finance Manager in procurement activities such as the tender process, supplier relationships and contract management for goods and services
- Assist in the development of internal procedures and documentation in relation to procurement processes
- Assist MERIT in managing commercial and reputational risks in its relations with external suppliers
- Responsible for all purchases and order inquiries
- Ensure purchases are properly approved Manage the company cash flow and loan management
- Manage the company invoicing and collection process ensuring prompt collection of monies due.
- Work with the relevant units to quickly implement a revised process.
- Manage the company procurement process and work with the Finance Director and relevant units to quickly implement an updated process to improve cost control.
- Implement a review of existing processes and controls to identify improvements that can be immediately implemented.
- Develop and implement financial policies, maintaining finance manual for the Company ensuring that it remains current, relevant and accessible to staff.
- B.Sc in Accounting or Finance with 3 – 5 years work experience.
- Experience in databases and database query and report design.
- Adaptable, positive and highly enthusiastic personality with strong work ethic
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in basic financial accounting practices and procedures including the transaction data flow from subsidiary ledgers to General Ledger and financial reports
- Advanced Excel skills
- High intelligence with the willingness and ability to learn quickly
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email
Application Deadline: 25th December, 2020.