Merit Telecoms Nigeria Limited is an independent and recognized leader in providing wireless voice and data turnkey services to the telecommunication industry. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Location: Ilupeju – Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure financial processes and controls operate effectively and efficiently on a day to day basis and develop and implement reporting measures to demonstrate their operation.
- Ensure that all reconciliations completed on timely basis and differences are investigated and resolved promptly.
- Manage the company invoicing and collection process ensuring prompt collection of monies due.
- Manage the company procurement process and work with the Finance Manager and relevant units to quickly implement an updated process to improve cost control.
- Implement a review of existing processes and controls to identify improvements that can be immediately implemented.
- Recommend changes that will improve the company’s financial performance and financial controls.
- Cost control and reduction
- Provide a strategic, efficient and flexible procurement service which will deliver optimum value for money, cost savings and best quality of service
- Support the Finance in procurement activities such as the tender process, supplier relationships and contract management for goods and services
- Responsible for all purchases, order enquiries and ensure purchases are properly approved
- Prepare financial statements for the company and Complete VAT returns and all tax returns
- Manage the company cash flow and loan management
- Manage the monthly financial process to enable the production of accurate and effective management information, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide regular progress reports to the Finance manager on issues affecting company performance.
- Follow up any vendor management issues and queries and resolve disputes in a timely manner whilst effectively coordinating with vendors and internal staff.
- Carry out any other appropriate duties related to efficient vendor management in a professional manner
- Using a financial control framework, including financial accountabilities and authorities to ensure full financial control.
Skills, Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Accounting of Finance. Professional qualification an advantage
- 4 years minimum relevant experience
- High intelligence with the willingness and ability to learn quickly
- Adaptable, positive and highly enthusiastic personality with strong work ethic
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in basic financial accounting practices and procedures including the transaction data flow from subsidiary ledgers to General Ledger and financial reports.
- Experience in databases and database query and report design.
- Advanced Excel skills
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline: 2nd October, 2020.