Metro and Castle Limited is a foremost real estate company based in Lagos, offering a range of services including construction, leasing, brokerage and facility management. We have been in business since 2014, guided by core principles of Integrity and Professionalism in delivering projects that are durable and sustainable by global standards. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Practitioner
Location: Ajah, Lagos
- We are seeking to recruit a Legal Associate to drive all the legal functions and activities including providing advisory on all legal matters, contracts, and agreements, having impact on legal regulatory & business issues, ensure full compliance, and ethical business conduct
- The Legal Practitioner shall also ensure the company complies with the statutory and corporate governance practices and guidelines as observed in the Real Estate industry.
- To conduct legal research into legal issues and gave legal opinions on several cases to both the management and clients.
- Prepare, review and vet legal documents such as Deeds of Assignment, Contracts of Sale, Deeds of Mortgage, Deeds of Release, Deeds of Rectification, Deeds of Lease and all other legal instruments for the transfer of title to land.
- Conduct searches at appropriate registries – Federal and State Land Registries, Corporate Affairs Commission and Court Registries.
- Schedule, coordinate and confirm court dates, appointments and meetings.
- Arrange and issue Notices of Meetings, attended company’s shareholders’ and board of directors’ meetings and prepare accurate minutes of meetings.
- Organise and maintain legal files and proper filing of all legal documents.
- Ensure the company complied with statutory and organizational regulations and rules.
- Carry out post-incorporation activities at the Corporate Affairs Commission on behalf of the company like filing of annual returns, change of shareholding structure, change of directors, etc.
- Commence applications for perfection of title documents
- Represent the company in court as a witness in a suit and before the Nigeria Police.
- Advise in conjunction with the company’s external solicitors, the chief executive or other executive, in respect of the legal matters of the company.
- Liaise with external solicitors in relation to the legal activities in the company.
- Maintain constant communication on legal matters between the company and its clients.
- LLB / LLM Degree
- Minimum of 6 years in Law practice, with at least 3 years’ experience as a Lawyer in the Real Estate Industry.
- Demonstrated drafting skills for corporate compliance and legal documentation.
- Ability to deal with complex problems and ability in applying judgment and independent reasoning in situations where applicable precedence and laws may not exist.
- Advanced Practical experience in negotiations and drafting documenting various types for company transactions.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and drive for results.
- Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondences
- Updated with current laws to provide the best legal counsel and implement preventive measures to processes.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
27th December, 2022.