Metrowest Limited, is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below in our company:
Job Title: Account Officer
- File and archive documents connected to accounting activities.
- Disburse cash advance and ensure retirements.
- Prepare Management Accounts.
- Post financial transactions.
- Prepare staff salaries and pay slips and make remittances
- Update fixed assets register as and when due.
- Compile and record revenue statements and reconcile balances.
- Prepare and compare books of accounts such as cash book, ledgers etc with bank statements.
- Ensure filing of monthly VAT Returns with FIRS
- And such other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
- Execute all accounting transactions and effect necessary reconciliations of outstanding transactions.
- Provide monthly updates on budget implementation covering credits and carry – forward commitments and payments
- Provide advice on the interpretation and implementation of financial procedures.
- Participate in the development of financial procedures and model documents, including check list for all essential financial activities.
- Keep abreast of relevant accounting regulations and ensure updating of existing processes and procedures
- Ensure that staff who need to use financial procedures are aware of them, understand them and correctly apply them
- Candidate should possess a graduates qualifications in Accounting/Business Administration/Business Management/Economics/Banking and Finance from any recognized University or Polytechnic in Nigeria with good knowledge of accounting and use of accounting software
- Preferably a female.
- Must based in Lagos.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a One-Page Resume/CV containing names, addresses, phone numbers, schools attended, qualifications obtained, computer literacy and relevant work experiences in accounting and use of accounting software, to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 21st September, 2018.