MFS Africa is the leading digital payments hub in Africa, enabling low-cost payments across the continent. The company works in close partnership with mobile network operators and financial institutions to bring simple and relevant payment services to unbanked people. MFS Africa connects over 320 million mobile money users across sub-Saharan Africa through its platform – the MFS Hub. As a B2B company, we enable cross-border payment for mobile money operators, banks, money transfer operators, large corporate and a growing number of SMEs. Our recent partnership with Visa will soon allow us to connect the MFS Hub to Visa.net, effectively connecting African consumers and businesses to the global digital economy.
As a technology fintech company, we strive to automate everything we do and run world-class back-office operations spread between Johannesburg, Port-Louis, Accra and soon Nairobi. We also have a compliance team in Johannesburg, London and Port-Louis and are regulated by the FSC in Mauritius and the FCA in the UK. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Java Architect
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are currently looking to hire a Technical Java Architect to join our Tech team.
- The ideal candidate should have a Software background and a proven development skill pattern as there is a large hands-on element to this role.
- The position can be based in South Africa, Kenya, Uganda, Nigeria, Ghana, India, Mauritius & the UK and will report to the Director of Architecture and Design.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will be as follows:
- Develop the technical design documents and ensure their proper handover to the team of developers who will then code as per designs
- Create a complete technical design for projects, making sure that they are extensible and scalable
- High level system architecture that may involve more than one system
- Assist development team to resolve technical problems that arise
- Anticipate, identify, track and resolve technical issues and risks affecting delivery
- Assist with the design, build, rollout and run support for technology solutions
- Design and/or configure applications/tools to functional and technical requirements
- Participate in effort estimation for new project(s) technical solutions
- Design & develop reusable components and IP for the organization where possible
- Perform a QA review of applications/products built for the provided design
- Identify gaps in existing systems and suggest solutions for the identified gaps
- Quick learning of current market frameworks and tools to introduce in projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Information Systems / B.Sc Degree in Computer Science (or similar)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- 5+ Years in Architecture / Design Solutioning
- 7 – 8+ years overall experience within the IT industry
- Background projects experience – OOPS, Java, Development Projects
- Architecture and solution design (UML, OO, SOA) desirable
- Togaf / ArchiMate or relevant architecture certification will be a value add
- Experience in cloud design solutions preferably AWS or GCP
- Experience administering application servers, web servers, and databases (Tomcat, Nginx, MySQL, etc.)
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent technical skills
- Good documentation and diagramming skills
- Ability to communicate and back up designs using documentation
- A strong passion for designing and seeing through the implementation of highly available and performant systems, including validating the implementation through extensive load tests and high availability tests
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and Agile Methodologies.
- We are highly innovative and were ranked by Fast Company as one of the most innovative companies in the world
- We work at the very cutting edge of fintech in Africa
- We solve relevant problems for Africa and the world and are building the MFS Africa Hub into a payment infrastructure designed to transcend generations
- We have a very diverse work environment with over 30+ nationalities represented and continually strive to build a culture of caring and execution
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.