Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, formerly Federal University of Agriculture, Umudike, was established as a specialized University by the Federal Government of Nigeria via Act No 48 of 2nd November 1992. It began formal activities in My 1993 with the appointment of the first Governing Council and Vice-Chancellor.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Director of Physical Planning
- The Director of Physical Planning is the Head of the Department of Physical Planning and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the conceptualization, Design, Supervision and Management of the University’s Architectural, Civil, Electrical and Mehanical Projects.
- Candidates for the Post of Director of Physical Planning must have a Degree or its equivalent in any of the following areas: Architecture, Engineering, Building, Quantity Surveying, Estate Management, Urban and Regional Planning, plus at least 15 (fifteen) years of relevant experience especially on Campus Planning and Development.
- Candidates must not be below the rank of a Deputy Director of Physical Planning in a University or Similar Institutions. Possession of Higher Degree(s) will be an added advantage.
- In addition, candidate must be a registered member of relevant Professional bodies such as Architects Registration Council of Nigeria (ARCON for Architects), NSE/COREN for Engineers, QSRBN for Quantity Surveyors, CORBON and MOB for Builders, ESVARBON for Estate Surveyors and Valuers, etc.
- The successful candidate shall hold office for a period of five (5) years in the first instance on such terms and conditions applicable to Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined by appropriate University laws and the Governing Council of the University.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward 25 (twenty five) sets of their Applications, with copies of all relevant credentials as well as curriculum vitae structured to provide the following information:
- Full Name
- Post Desired
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address (Not P.O. Box or P.M.B)
- Current Postal Address (add telephone, GSM, and e-mail contacts)
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with Names and Ages
- Institutions Attended with dates
- Academic Qualification with dates
- Working Experience with status and dates
- Details of Service to the Community with dates
- Present Employer, Status and Salary.
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Publications (if any)
- Candidates should also indicate in their curriculum vitae any capacity enhancing training they have undergone in their career.
- Names and addresses of three referees (one of whom must be the Applicants Administrative head).
All applications should be addressed and sent by courier mail to:
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike,
The sealed envelope containing the application, Curriculum Vitae and credentials should be marked “Post of Director of Physical Planning” at the top left hand corner. Candidates should request their Referees to send references, under confidential cover, directly to the Registrar of the University with the envelope marked “Director of Physical Planning”: Referee’s Report at the top left hand corner
Application Deadline 28th December, 2017.