Michael Stevens Consulting – Since its founding in 1991, Michael Stevens Consulting has grown to become a leading provider of high value Human Resources, Recruitment, Learning & Development, Outsourcing and Business Advisory solutions to multinationals, local corporate organizations, governments and multilateral organizations. Our depth of our expertise, defined by carefully selected pool of multi-disciplinary consultants, ensures that we continue to be the firm of choice to our growing list of discerning clientele.
We currently operate from 3 states in Nigeria (Lagos, Ogun and Rivers) and Accra in Ghana while plans are underway to open offices in the Gambia, Sierra Leone and Liberia. Our consistent success in delivering impactful Human Resources Consulting, Business Advisory and Outsourcing services to our numerous clients has been significantly enabled by our corporate philosophy, commitment to service, international alliances and commitment to global best practices. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Employment Type: Full-time
Financial Reporting, Planning and Strategy:
- Ensure timely and complete financial reportsare prepared.
- Responsible for developingbenchmarkswith line managersagainst which to measure the performance of the company financial operations.
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
- Identify financial objectives, strategies and action plans to improve the Company’s short- and long-term financial performance and position.
- Coordinate with the Sales and Service team in the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Provide periodic reports that monitor variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Provide periodic report on all financial aspects of the Company’s operation.
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Forecast and monitor cash flow requirement of the Company.
- Maintain banking relationships.
- Advise management on treasury and working capital related matters.
- Coordinate with Accenture to carryout periodic reconciliation of all bank accounts
- Coordinate with Accenture and other team members for all order-to-cash transactions–Ensuring that there is no revenue leakage and all sale are correctly accounted for.
- Coordinate with Accenture and other team members on all procurement-to-pay transactions– Ensure that all costs are correctly accounted for and provisions made were necessary.
- Provide support in financial aspects of HR function such as monthly payroll checking
Compliance and Risk Management:
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profileand provide quarterly riskassessment and control reports.
- Serves as the Risk Coordinator and provide all necessary reports as may be required.
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry.
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems.
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements– Corporate Affairs, Taxation, Data Protection, Export Control and other regulatory requirements.
- Maintain relationship with all government regulators.
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Report risk issues to the management team and Board of Directors.
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
- Responsible for Investors relation and co-ordinate allnecessary documentation forchanges to ownership and management of the Company.
- Ensure and direct Employees to GEA recognized compliant behaviour where there is deviation.
- Provide training and awareness with respects to general compliance, risk management and GEA compliance procedures.
- Training and increasing awareness and knowledge related to financial management matters across the organization.
- Candidates should possess a Master’s Degree / P.hD / Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline: 29th December, 2021