Michael Stevens Consulting is a Human Resource Development & Management Consulting practice firm, with offices in Lagos, Port-Harcourt as well as in Accra, Ghana. Plans are at advanced stage to open subsidiaries in The Gambia, Sierra-Leone, Liberia and UAE. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Construction Project Manager
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Determine and define scope of work and deliverables
- Predict resources needed to complete project
- Reporting progress to management and clients
- Obtain necessary permits, approvals, and other regulatory prerequisites
- Draft and submit budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Preparing budgets, cost estimates, schedules and timelines
- Manage costs in order to meet budget
- Provide direction over contracts and subcontracts
- Manage construction schedule and activities
- Issue progress updates as needed regarding costs and timelines
- Ensure work is done in compliance with all relevant building and safety codes as well as legal requirements
- Select and manage subcontractor and supplier relationships
- Coordinate efforts across entire project between architects, designers, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Building Construction, Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or Architecture
- 3 – 5 years of experience in project management within construction
- Great customer service, communication and customer service skills
- Proven leadership skills and ability to delegate work
- Exceptional time management skills, ability to estimate work effort and time needed for various construction jobs
- Good writing skills for proposals and reports
- Comfortable reading and understanding blueprints and drawings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and general computer software
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction, engineering, and architecture principles
- Ability to budget, schedule, negotiate, and control costs
- High degree of familiarity with contract and subcontract documents, terms, and conditions
- Strong leadership and management skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject.
Application Deadline: 7th December, 2020.