Michael Stevens Consulting – Our client a leading EPC Company requires for urgent employment suitably qualified candidate for the position of:
Job Title: Electrical Support Technician
- Installation, maintenance, repair, test, and commissioning of electrical/electronic equipment including systems necessary to ensure safe, efficient and reliable operation of plant equipment.
- Work on electrical transmission and distribution systems, and all types of electrical equipment without supervision and following electrical safety rules.
- Troubleshoot PLCs ladder logic software programs, PLC interfaces with electrical devices, like motors, Power Management Systems and Electrical switchgears, correcting major and minor faults.
- Collaborate with other colleagues to execute regulatory inspections, preventative maintenance, and reactive/breakdown maintenance identified during inspections or as requested by Operations Team.
- Reduce maintenance cost whilst assuring technical integrity and ensuring that SPDC Quality standards are not compromised.
- Safely and accurate execute electrical maintenance activities on a wide variety of operationally sensitive electrical equipment, following maintenance/inspection procedures and manuals.
- Works closely with the Control Room while performing maintenance to ensure no nuisance alarms or trips.
- Comply with SPDC’s HSE-MS requirements e.g. adhere to Permit-to-Work Safe system of work, etc.
- Involvement in Engineering / Production related Improvement Initiatives.
- Perform general work or other assignments/duties necessary to ensure the safe, clean and efficient operations of the facilities with due regards to the protection of the environment and host communities.
- Must be willing to be on-all ad work variety of shifts in order to meet plant needs. Also be open to learn new skills and/or occasional cross discipline activities to progress the team goals.
- Proper documentation of work executed via SAP systems as may be required.
- Identifying critical spares and follow-up ordering and delivery.
- Integrate with other disciplines to achieve Asset integrity on continuous basis.
- Promotes site safety and continuous hazard identification, mitigation and close-out.
- Other assignments for continuous improvements as exigent.
- OND / HND / B.Sc in Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Work Experience 5-10yrs work experience in operations and maintenance of Electrical generation and distribution systems/equipment within the oil and gas Industry.
- CompEX certification and OEM (Switchgear, Generator, Cables) Equipment specific certification will be an added advantage.
- knowledge of Electrical Safety practices.
- Execution of preventive and corrective maintenance including troubleshooting electrical systems/equipment and controls.
- Skill level proficiency on interpretation of electrical schematics, loop drawings and general equipment arrangement drawings.
- Maintenance of low and high voltage electrical systems including Gas Turbine Generators is required. An in-depth knowledge in power generation and distribution up to 11KV, including diesel and turbo generators, UPS systems and Hazardous Area Classification for an oil and gas facility is beneficial.
- Proficiency and proven experience in troubleshooting and maintenance of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and Protection Relays, and Working knowledge of job specific software applications (Siemens Simatic PLCs, Clink II system using Allen Bradley PLCs and Ref 542 software) will be an added advantage.
- Application of troubleshooting skills to diagnose and repair PLC based controls panels, relay logic, ladder logic.
- Knowledge of hazardous area and intrinsic safety design.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] with the Job Title as subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 18th February, 2020