Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services.
Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers. At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job number: 780526
Travel: 0-25 %
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type: Full-Time
Africa Development Center is hiring!
- In Cognition, people – not devices – are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, building a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together. The world’s first untethered, head-mounted holographic computer, the HoloLens was an example of this.
- We are launching a Cognition Africa engineering team to build Mixed Reality Cloud Services that bring those technologies to a wider range of devices. Do you want to join us on this journey? We are offering opportunities for passionate Software Engineers to help us build the team and suite of cloud services which bring these capabilities to the cloud.
- Are you looking for your next technical and career growth challenge? Does this sound like your dream job? We’d love to hear from you.
- We are developing many new cloud services using AI and machine perception to enable rich, cross-platform Mixed Reality experiences. We’re a growing team of hardworking engineers putting technology on a human path across all devices.
- As a member of our team:
- You will deliver high-quality code components that will power the services, servers, distributed systems, networking and backend architecture for our products
- You will play multiple, often divergent roles to ensure the success of our newly built engineering team
- You will work with industry-leading scientists and engineers to bring the latest AI, Machine Learning and Computer vision capabilities to the cloud
- 3+ years’ experience in Software Engineering
- Experience building, releasing, and supporting applications or services in a modern programming language using a common application or services stack
- Experience shipping cloud services, networked applications or distributed systems
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Experience working with distributed engineering teams
- Proven track record working with concurrent programming concepts like asynchronous operations, distributed consensus and parallelismpreferred but not required
- Experience with Kubernetes & Golang preferred but not required
Benefits and Perks
Benefits / perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work:
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified