Posted on :
28 Apr, 2010
Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ: MSFT, HKEX: 4338) is a multinational computer technology corporation that develops, manufactures, licenses, and supports a wide range of software products for computing devices. Headquartered in Redmond, Washington, USA, its most profitable products are the Microsoft Windows operating system and the Microsoft Office suite of productivity software
Microsoft Nigeria recruits Small & Medium Business & Distribution (SMB&D) Lead to be based in Lagos Nigeria
Job Category: Sales
Location: Nigeria, Lagos
Job ID: 714946 13739
Product: (Not Product Specific)
The Small & Medium Business & Distribution (SMB&D) Lead is the primary sales management role and is responsible for Sales Excellence and the Small & Medium Business (SMB) sales and marketing strategy.
Responsible for the subsidiary’s ability to win share and create demand with our SMB Commercial and Public Sector customers.
Lead improvement and governance of the SMB&D business by driving a standardized business process within SMB.
Lead the subsidiary Business Planning and Review activities for SMB (including Public Sector).
Measure impact and effectiveness with Breadth Analytics and Planning tools.
Lead SMB team to meet or exceed all relevant goals as measured in the SMS&P scorecard and the corresponding SMB scorecard and revenue growth targets for subsidiary.
Lead all aspects of hiring, developing, coaching/mentoring, appraising, rewarding and holding direct reports and entire organization accountable for assigned job responsibilities and results.
– The SMB&D Lead is the primary sales management role and is responsible for Sales Excellence and the SMB sales marketing strategy
– Gain Share with distributors by leading the Distribution Partner Account Managers in execution across Reach (Distribution, Territory Management)
– Improve reseller productivity through channel initiatives, drive partner reseller strategies, guide the team to reach specific targets, analyze impact and effectiveness of Breath analytical tools and manage marketing budgets to help drive partner readiness and sales activities
– Win Customers through defining and leading the SMB marketing team, execute the SMB&D business plan and drive market budget spend according to business and result needs.
– Relevant tertiary qualification
– MBA preferred
10+ years’ experience in sales leadership with proven results in a scalable environment
Bachelors & Master’s degree
Distributor and/or Partner experience strongly preferred; understanding how MS Distributors and Partners market/sell to SMB customers (will consider candidates outside the ICT Sector)
Distribution / Channel management experience required:
o 10 years+ experience in distribution management (Candidate can come from any sector, e.g. FMCG, Telco) in a corporate environment
o 10 years+ channel management experience
o Recruiting, implementing and developing a partner network
o Partner development through specific intiatives, campaigns etc.
o Proven ability to achieve a revenue targets through partners
Demonstrable experience devising and managing sales & marketing programs to meet the needs of partners and customers
Passion for driving results and seeing projects through to completion
Positive results-oriented attitude
Has led a sales organization
Strong ability to influence others
Demonstrated cross group collaboration abilities
Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
Job Segments: Outside Sales, Sales