MKOBO is a fully licensed Microfinance bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in Lagos, Nigeria. MKOBO was conceived to help solve consumers’ need for access to short-term emergency credit. Our goal is to provide access to short term unsecured loans, which is easily accessible.
We cater to the demography currently undeserved by the Commercial banks in our aim to help increase financial inclusion of the Nigerian population. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Full Stack Ruby Developer
Job Location: Lagos
- As a Ruby on Rails Developer you will be working alongside the product teams to make the products we build are rock-solid and scalable.
- It is the perfect opportunity for someone who is experienced in creating dynamic web applications and passionate about clean code and is looking for a long term contract.
- Devops: improve automation of the software development process.
- Identify performance issues and bugs, and provide solutions to these problems.
- Take wireframes/mockups and user stories and build systems that meet the requirements.
- Create user-friendly web app interfaces by working closely with UX designers and front-end developers.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code.
- Work with other team members to ensure we are building the right product.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Pair-program with other developers or discuss possible technical architectures
- Contribute to creating a culture of writing excellent software.
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years’ experience developing production applications with Ruby on Rails
- Expert in HTML, CSS & JS
- Excellent knowledge of SQL (MySQL/PostgreSQL)
- Experience with NoSQL (MongoDB/CouchDB/ElasticSearch)
- Passion for good user experience
- Passion for technology
- Superb organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- University degree in Informational Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related subject.
What We Offer
- A friendly, open-minded and collaborative team working closely with the CTO
- Autonomy, we don’t micromanage our teams
- Challenging environment – you will be working on complex projects.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using “RoR Developer” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 31st July 2019.