Posted on :
15 Apr, 2010
15 Apr, 2010
Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN) is a subsidiary of the Exxon Mobil Corporation with a long and established history of operations in Nigeria. The company’s oil & natural gas production activities contribute to one of the largest sources of revenue for the Nigerian government and economy.
As a result of organizational growth and the associated opportunities within the Geoscience
function, career opportunities exist for ambitious and results oriented individuals.
We are recruiting Geoscientists (Experienced/Specialist) with the highest standards of integrity, capacity for hard work, ability to build strong working relationships and effectively
interact in a multi-cultural environment.
The non-specialist candidates must be able to independently interpret and integrate geophysical, geological, petrophysical and engineering data in order to generate well locations and maximize asset value. Experience in 3D seismic interpretation is therefore a pre-requisite for the non-specialist candidates. The specialists must be able to independently provide expert interpretation and services in formation evaluation or geophysical applications or geologic modelling.
The successful candidate must demonstrate strong technical competencies, possess the ability to communicate effectively and be expected to set and meet high standards. The successful non-specialist candidate must have strong production geoscience and integration skills required for prospect identification/drill well maturation and field surveillance in a
production geoscience setting. The specialist candidate must possess competent/expert skills in formation evaluation or geophysical applications or geologic modelling.
The ideal candidate must fit the following profile:
– Masters degree in Geoscience (Geology or Geophysics).
– Bachelors degree with a minimum of second class upper in Geoscience (Geology or Geophysics) or Physics
– Minimum of 5 continuous years of relevant industry experience
– Possess NYSC discharge or exemption certificate
These positions offer competitive compensation and benefit package commensurate with
what is obtainable in the Upstream oil & gas industry.
The advert closes 2 weeks from the date of this publication (27th April 2010).
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
If you meet the requirements listed for these positions, please submit your application
online at http://www.exxonmobil.com/Nigeria-English/HR/HR_Nigeria_process.asp and upload your
curriculum vitae (CV).
HOW TO NAVIGATE THE WEBSITE
– Log onto http://www.exxonmobil.com/Nigeria-English/HR/HR_Nigeria_process.asp
– Click on Jobs/Career
– Click on advertised job position to view and print a PDF copy of the advertised vacancy
– Click on “Click to Apply” to type in or upload your resume and complete the application process
– Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application, as multiple applications may result in their being disqualified.
Please note that any job application placed outside the Mobil Producing Nigeria Job and Careers website http://www.exxonmobil.com/Nigeria-English/HR/HR_Nigeria_process.asp is placed at the applicant’s sole risk.