Posted on :
15 Apr, 2010
Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN) is a subsidiary of the Exxon Mobil Corporation with a long and established history of operations in Nigeria. The company’s oil & natural gas production activities contribute to one of the largest sources of revenue for the Nigerian government and economy.
As a result of organizational growth and the associated opportunities within the Geoscience
function, career opportunities exist for ambitious and results oriented individuals.
We are recruiting Geoscientists (Trainee) with the highest standards of integrity, capacity for hard work, ability to build strong working relationships and effectively
interact in a multi-cultural environment.
The successful candidates will undergo a 2-3 years training program in various Geoscience skill areas. The training will be both formal and on the job and will prepare the individuals for assignments in any designated aspect of petroleum exploration and production anywhere in Nigeria.
The successful candidate must have clear understanding of basic geoscience concepts and principles as well as be self-motivated with the ability to make effective individual contributions within a functional team. No previous experience required, but demonstrated ability to learn and integrate quickly is an advantage.
The ideal candidate must fit the following profile:
– Masters degree in Geoscience (Geology or Geophysics).
– Candidates expecting to obtain a Masters degree by October 2010 may also apply
– Bachelors degree with a minimum of second class upper in Geoscience (Geology or Geophysics) or Physics
– Possess NYSC discharge or exemption certificate
These positions offer competitive compensation and benefit package commensurate with
what is obtainable in the Upstream oil & gas industry.
The advert closes 2 weeks from the date of this publication (27th April 2010).
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
If you meet the requirements listed for these positions, please submit your application
online at http://www.exxonmobil.com/Nigeria-English/HR/HR_Nigeria_process.asp and upload your
curriculum vitae (CV).
HOW TO NAVIGATE THE WEBSITE
– Log onto http://www.exxonmobil.com/Nigeria-English/HR/HR_Nigeria_process.asp
– Click on Jobs/Career
– Click on advertised job position to view and print a PDF copy of the advertised vacancy
– Click on “Click to Apply” to type in or upload your resume and complete the application process
– Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application, as multiple applications may result in their being disqualified.
Please note that any job application placed outside the Mobil Producing Nigeria Job and Careers website http://www.exxonmobil.com/Nigeria-English/HR/HR_Nigeria_process.asp is placed at the applicant’s sole risk.