Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola formally known Federal University of Technology, Yola, Adamawa State, Nigeria, was established in 1981 by the Federal Government of Nigeria to provide the much needed technologically skilled manpower for the nation. It is one of the Federal Universities recognized by National Universities Commission (NUC) to offer Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctorate degrees in different fields of Science and Technology.
The University’s first set of 108 students graduated in the 1988/89 academics session. The University was merged to University of Maiduguri in the 1984, when it became the Modibbo Adama Campus (MACUM), of University of Maiduguri. However, in 1988, it was de-merged and granted full autonomy with the name reverted to Federal University of Technology, Yola. In 2011, the then President and Commander in-Chief, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR approved the change of the University’s name to Modibbo Adama University of Technology, (MAUTECH) Yola, effective from 1st October 2011.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Yola, Adamawa
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Financial Officer of the University.
- He is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the day-to-day financial administration and control of the university finances.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Candidate must possess a minimum of second class lower degree in Accountancy or related discipline from a recognized university plus NYSC discharge certificate or evidence of exemption.
- Possession of a relevant higher degree will be an added advantage.
- The candidate must, in addition, be registered with a recognized accounting body e.g. ICAN, ANAN, ACCA, ACMA or have any other recognized and acceptable professional accounting qualification.
- The candidate must have at least 15 years cognate working experience and must be holding the position of a Deputy Bursar in a University or comparable institution.
- Applicants must be proactive, have high integrity and moral character, with excellent communication and interpersonal relations.
- He/she must fully understand the complexity of the university system and command respect and engender loyalty of the university community.
- He/she must enjoy good mental and physical health, be ICT compliant with proficiency in relevant computer applications and be able to provide good professional leadership to the Staff of their respective Directorates.
- Candidates should not be above 60 years at the time of assumption of office.
Salary and Conditions of Service:
- The successful candidate for the post of Bursar shall hold office for a period of five (5) years from the effective date of appointment.
- The salary and conditions of service are as applicable to the respective offices in Nigerian Federal Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria and the University’s Governing Council as appropriate.
22nd August, 2022.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications and twenty (20) copies of their credentials and current curriculum vitae, duly signed, and dated giving the following information:
- Full name, current postal and contact address, permanent home address
- Place and date of birth
- State of origin and LGA
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children
- Academic qualification obtained with dates, class, institutions and distinctions
- Membership of Academic and professional bodies
- Statement of experience including full details of former and present posts, employers and work schedule
- Other activities outside current employment
- A statement of the candidates’ vision for the university in the next five years with particular reference to the growth and financial affairs of the university (Not more than 500 words)
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees
Applications are to be submitted under confidential cover, in envelopes marked at the Upper Left-Hand Corner and marked “POST OF BURSAR, MAU, YOLA ” and addressed to:
Modibbo Adamawa University,
P.M.B. 2076, Yola,
Adamawa State, Nigeria.
- Referees Report: Candidates should request their Referees to forward references on him/her directly to the Registrar/Secretary of Council attesting to their character, integrity and academic and management capabilities in a sealed Envelopes and marked “CONFIDENTIAL”.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to make themselves available for interaction at an appointed date;
- All applications and Referees reports must reach the Registrar not later than the application closing date.
- Correspondence: Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.