The World Bank needs the services of a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, to be based in Abuja Nigeria under quality assurance unit. This is a two year Term appointment to be located at the World Bank’s office in Abuja Nigeria.
NOTE: A potential candidate has been identified and intends to apply for this position. However, this remains a competitive process and interested candidates are encouraged to apply.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist is expected to work closely with the country teams to strengthen results management, under the management of the AFTRL Sector Manager and guidance of the AFCS2 Country Director.
Specifically, He/She would report jointly to the AFTRL Lead M&E Specialist and HD Sector Leathe in the Bank’s matrix environment. He/She would spend 70% of time on Humane Development projects in the portfolio and 30% on other sectors
Key responsibilities include:
Providing advisory support in all aspects of monitoring and evaluation for operations, including developing results frameworks, designing monitoring and evaluation systems for Bank-supported operations, supervising the implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems, and providing guidance on retrofitting ISRs and monitoring and evaluation frameworks for projects under implementation to capture Bank wide core indicators;
- Providing advisory support to develop results matrix and monitoring and evaluation system for CAS and related CAS products;
- Strengthening country teams’ capacity to improve monitoring and evaluation systems, impact evaluations, and statistical systems, through design and delivery of learning activities and knowledge sharing tools;
- Contributing to the design and implementation of the Bank wide and Africa Regional results monitoring and measurement platforms that integrate reporting on country, sector and global program results, in collaboration with other Bank units;
- Supporting capacity building of national systems and institutions for effective monitoring and evaluation the national Poverty Reduction Strategy (PRS) and national development strategies;
- Working with other development partners and civil society to harmonize country monitoring systems and strengthen country monitoring and evaluation capacity to meet PRS monitoring and reporting requirements.
The specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- An advanced degree in public health, economics, statistic, social sciences, or related subject area, and at least five years of relevant experience in development work, including design and implementation of public sector results management and monitoring and evaluation;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Bank’s Results Agenda, the systems and processes that support its implementation (including the new Bank-wide Results Monitoring and Measurement Platform), and the international efforts by Borrowers and Donors to promote the monitoring and management for development results;
- Relevant experience in Bank operations, including provision of operational support for results management in projects and country assistance strategies, in at least one region and one sector, and strong knowledge of World Bank’s operations and business processes;
- Superior organizational and logistical skills; capacity to work simultaneously and effectively on a variety of tasks;
- Excellent writing, oral and presentation skills.
- Behavioral competencies that facilitate dialogue with country partners and country teams, including listening skills, effective teamwork, knowledge sharing, training and capacity development skills, and ability to adapt advice to the local institutional realities.
Deadline is 4th November 2009
Click here for how to apply immediately.