Mott MacDonald’s International Development Services Unit, IDS, operates within the international development sectors of Environment and Water, Education, Health and Social and Economic Development. Together we implement and manage projects and programmes in developing countries and emerging economies around the world. We are committed to support the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and to provide our expertise to help improving lives of people in need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Leader
Job ID: 34284BR
Contract Type: Contract
Work Pattern: Full-Time
Recruiter Contact: Rutger Voorrips
- For the upcoming LINKS programme in Northern Nigeria, Mott MacDonald is looking for a Team Leader.
About the Programme
- The LINKS Programme will result in increased income of GBP 3 million in northern Nigeria, with specific challenging targets for women and people living with disability through new jobs, farming incomes and self-employment opportunities, including the creation of 100,000 jobs
- The programme will work primarily in the three northern states of Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa. The value chains with the highest potential are identified as agriculture, renewable energy and renewable off-grid power solutions and ICT
- This programme is the successor of GEMS, which has been a successful DFID intervention. The LINKS programme will be implemented for 7 years.
You will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Lead the process of collecting, synthesizing and disseminating clear information through technical reports as well as regular progress reports.
- Communicate effectively with other projects, donors, and other stakeholders for raising awareness about the program and for ensuring collaborative engagement
- Provide leadership for achieving programme results, targets and milestones as per the logical framework
- Provide overall leadership and technical direction for the program, including leading the strategic planning, implementation and reporting.
- Overall programme management, including people management and oversight of progress
- Stakeholder management, and acting as the principal point of contact with program and technical staff, government partners, private sector, service providers
- Design, develop and implement strategies and project work plans
- Degree in Economics, Business, or related fields
- Good understanding of the government economic policy, and experience of managing public private dialogue successfully
- Established track record of achieving results within difficult working environments
- Oral, written, and spoken English fluency required
- Hausa competency desired
- Experience of over 15 years in developing countries for private sector dev projects, ideally in Nigeria and the region, SSA
- Successfully delivered large complex, multi-year, multi-disciplinary DFID projects for business environment reform, investment climate reform, private sector development
- Successfully delivered results for women’s economic empowerment, inclusion of the youth
- Deep understanding of constraints to the private sector in Nigeria, especially in the North
- Experience implementing DFID procedures, policies, and reporting requirements.
What We offer
- Mott MacDonald is a well-established company in International development
- We offer you a freelance, full-time position in Northern Nigeria
- We offer a competitive fee rate and the chance to develop not only northern Nigeria, but also your own personal growth.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 2nd September, 2018.