MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: IP/MPLS Support Engineer
- To manage the Data & IP Security Network and perform network Integration and configuration.
- Ensure value is created by maintaining end to end Internal Data Network Security, monitoring critical Nodes, detect faults and escalate appropriately.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Integrate complex network communication architectures, topologies, hardware, and protocols into existing network configurations.
- Provide accurate visibility into the MTNN Networks (IP/MPLS, GPRS etc.) at Layer 3.
- Liaise with Network Engineers and ensure timely management/resolution of faults occurring on the network.
- Carry out daily maintenance of the MTNN security and MPLS infrastructure.
- Ensure key deliverables are met, MTTR availability and timely delivery of Datacomms related project.
- Review and provide routine input to DCN Integration Plans and IP Security related issues.
- Perform routine DCN Installation and Support and New Node implementation.
- Drive and implement the Total Security Architecture for MTNN.
- Ensure network statistical analysis/data trend are reported daily/weekly/monthly to track and improve performance.
- Perform required maintenance upgrades on Routers, Switches, Firewalls, IPS, and Net Forensics (both HW and SW).
- Troubles shoot firewall access problems and routing issues.
- Provide input to system architecture to ensure robust designs and redundancy.
- Perform implementation and support of MTNN network integration of Customer Edge devices to the IP/MPLS network.
- Coach and train direct reports to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and increase product knowledge as well as identify developmental opportunities for team members.
- Oversee and coordinate all technical activities, activities of direct reports and ensure all transactions and administrative documentation is recorded and available for business use.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Drive Knowledge Management and Best Practice Sharing within own Unit/Department/Division/Enterprise-wide as required
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Pool car provided.
Requirements, Experience & Training
- Fluent in English
- A First degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or a related discipline
- Professional IT qualification, CCNP is required, CCIP, CCSP and CCIE an Advantage
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in an Enterprise support environment with experience in – LAN / WAN, Routers, Switches
- Cisco qualification in Routing, Switching and Security
- Intermediate Unix knowledge
- Good understanding of networking and IP/MPLS Infrastructure
- Layer 3 MPLS IP VPN knowledge with QOS in the enterprise. Knowledge of carrier side MPLS with labels, LDP, VRF’s, RD’s. MPLS MPBGP is a must.
- Excellent understanding of network Infrastructure Integration of new customers to the IP/MPLS Networks
- Strong IPv4 Routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS
- Previous experience in Telecommunications experience will be an added advantage
- In depth knowledge of Data Communications Network and IP Security
Application Closing Date
15th March, 2018.