MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Manager, Industrial and Employee Relations
To promote and maintain a positive work culture and drive the right values and behaviours by identifying and resolving potentially volatile employee relations issues; providing support to the organization in the resolution of grievance issues and maintaining positive labour relations between MTNN and relevant Labour organizations.
- Relationship management with all tiers of management and staff within the company
- Liaison with external trade unions on all Industrial Relationships issues
- Negotiations with various stakeholder organizations
- Negotiation on all relevant industrial agreements.
- Evaluate and monitor related processes, recommending improvements to streamline processes for better compliance and consistency throughout the organization.
- Engage relevant stakeholders promptly on changes to the disciplinary process.
- Ensure that all Managers/Supervisors are trained in, understand and comply with disciplinary policies and processes.
- Oversee complete recording and storage of disciplinary cases in employee files, Employee Services files and MTNN Intranet.
- Monitor and review disciplinary and termination documentation for completeness and organizational consistency.
- Develops curriculums and training classes on harassment, discrimination and/or other related topics and deliver classes where applicable.
- Audit disciplinary records on HRIS for accuracy and completeness.
- Provide counseling to all levels of employees regarding conflicts/problems that arise in the workplace.
- Provide support as needed for grievance cases.
- Receive and track all open employee complaints.
- Provide advice to line managers and supervisors on matters pertaining to grievance procedures.
- Prepare necessary documentation to support the legal unit in court cases against the organization relating to employee litigations.
- Oversee coordination and attendance to all Corporate Council Meetings.
- Oversee the preparation of a monthly report and ensure timely closure on all action points raised during these meetings.
- Monitor the employee council meeting output and drive completion of action points through relevant Departments in the organization.
- Interface and work in partnership with Employee Council members to escalate appropriate problems to Management through the Corporate Council Meeting as required.
- Advice and support line managers and supervisors as required in the review of work practices and/or conditions of employment.
- Facilitate change through appropriate negotiation and consultation with staff representatives.
- Oversee record maintenance of all industrial and employee relations events and activities.
- Consult with managers as needed on employee-related issues;
- Organize themed end-of-year Employee Council Retreat for all employee council members, HR Managers and Divisional Management as required.
- Advocate for the inclusion of Employee Council on all HR decision-making on employee-related issues.
- Update the HR Advisor Culture & Engagement and HR Business Partners on all employee related engagement action points.
- Facilitate appropriate negotiation and consultation with external stakeholders in Labour such as the Ministry of Labour, Nigeria Employee Consultative Forum, Chartered Institute of Personal Management e.t.c.
- Monitor and ensure organization’s compliance with government regulations in labour matters
- Respond to and advise management and employees on questions regarding employment practices and policy
- Interpret various labour proposals when necessary
- Liaise with the legal department on legal complaints and oversee the communication of adequate responses to complainants.
- Act as a spokesperson in union and employee negotiations in conjunction with Senior Manager, Employee Services.
- Carry out periodic reviews of expectations of external stakeholders with respect to labour issues.
- Manage related policies and procedures and recommend relevant changes/updates as necessary.
- Ensure implementation and communication of policy updates; interpret and apply policies & procedures, guidelines, regulations and requirements.
- Contribute promptly to Employee Services and other Human Resources reports.
- Prepare documentation for and attend all disciplinary hearings.
- Generate reports for all disciplinary hearings attended.
- Generate monthly disciplinary reports and communicate learning points to the organization within timelines set in the Disciplinary Process document for process improvements.>Job Condition
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- Job holder may be required to work beyond normal work hours
- Local travel
Experience & Training
- First Degree in any related discipline Certificationin human resources or industrial relations will be an added advantage Minimum 6 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising/managing others Experience working in a medium to large organization.
- General Human Resources practice with practical relevant work experience managing industrial/employee relations in a medium-large sized organisation Formal membership of a human resource/labour relations body will be an added advantage.
- Employee Relations
- Labour and Industrial laws
- Collective Bargaining
- Conflict Resolution Change Management.
- BA, BEd, B.Sc, BTech or HND
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 16th March, 2018.