MTN Nigeria is the leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
MTN Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Financial Planning Accountant (Tax)
Location: Golden Plaza – Ikoyi, Lagos
A.) Tax Risk Management Strategy, Tax Advisory and Transfer Pricing Compliance
- Assist in dealing with tax issues relating to related party transactions, international/cross border transactions and Transfer Pricing documentation and compliance
- Provide support in advising on tax impact of business transactions and strategy
- Review the tax impact of IFRS adjustment as they relate to the financials
- Assist in informing or educating other divisions on tax related issues through strategy documents, PPP, and Capacity building workshops
- Proactively provide support in advising the business on recent tax laws and impact on the business operations
- Maintain systems and strategies to ensure updated PPPs for CIT, PAYE, CGT and VAT. This will include normal CIT, VAT on normal operations, VAT on imported services, VAT on assets disposed, PAYE compliance, WHT on receivables and reimbursable expenses as well as CGT on disposals
- Assist in reviewing contracts and agreements for tax impacts
- Provide support in dealing with external tax queries from MTN Group
B.) Direct Tax Reporting and Planning
- Compute monthly and annual corporate tax and ensure proper provisioning
- Deferred tax: Ensure balance sheet approach of deferred tax is reconciled with income statement approach
- HFM Tax Computation Input to MTN Group Tax
- HFM Tax Cash flow and Deferred Tax Input to Management Reporting
- Income Tax Variance Analysis Reports and Trends
- Coordinate tax aspect of Half year review, Hard close audit and Full year statutory audit
- Assist in preparation of Board Papers Submission on tax related matters
- Provide Tax schedules and Group Tax Reports
- Alignment of tax reporting to financial reporting
- Tax Review of Company Budget, Business Plan and Quarterly Forecast
- Tax computation and provisioning for XS BROADBAND and any other subsidiary
- Assist in dealing with BRM and Internal audit request and issues
C.) Indirect Tax Administration, Reporting and Compliance
- Filing tax returns and Remittance of;
- VAT on Normal Operations
- VAT on Foreign Services
- VAT on Proceeds from disposal of fixed assets
- WHT on Local and Foreign Transactions
- WHT Management (Receivables and Payables credit notes)
- Response to transactional tax queries and tax issues rasied by departments within the business
- Prepare audit support data for external auditor use
- Supervise dealing with external tax queries from FIRS, SBIRs and Vendors
- Annual review of PAYE Tax Computation before return is filed by the Salaries Unit
- Compute and file all federal, state, local, sales, and other tax returns including related reports to ensure MTNN’s compliance with all tax laws and regulations.
D.) Reconcile tax-related general ledger accounts and assist the Senior Tax Accountant with special projects on need basis.
E.) Prepare income tax provisions for each period.
F.) Keep record of all tax transactions and related balance sheet activity for tax and audit purposes.
G.) Ensure proper filing system.
H.) Maintain complete and well organized work papers and business records for tax purposes.
I.) Ensure adherence to business intentions and guidelines. E.g. the five year accounting presentation format.
J.) Coordinate tax operations of XS Broadband, MTNF and any other subsidiary
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Occasional traveling may be required
Experience & Training
- 4 years experience in tax administration
- Experience in tax audits
- International Accounting Standards
- Contemporary Tax Legislation (Local & Global) Emerging tax laws
Application Closing Date
23th October, 2014
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online